PDA

View Full Version : click here please

Anonymous
01-11-00, 11:15 AM
My car needs to be filled up with water everyday !!
It does get quite hot coz Im always stuck in fucking traffic but it shouldn't drink that much water.
Ive done the obvious and checked for leaks and splits but theres no sign of anything, however in this pissy weather its so hard to tell.
Any ideas much appreciated.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 11:32 AM
It could be leaking when the system is hot and under presure, look for a pin hole in the radiator. also the head gasket may have gone! the water could be getting in to the oil in which case you will get a mayonaise like gunge in the engine, look in the oil filler cap. The water may be leaking through the head gasket in to the cylinder bore and out through the exhause as steam, you can check for this by running the engine and letting it warm right up, you will get white steam (out of exhaust) at first but this is normal (condensation) if there is alot of white steam once the engine is properly warm the chances are the head gasket has gone. If this is the case sort it now or you might be changing the engine not just the gasket!

Anonymous
01-11-00, 10:37 PM
ha ha ha same problem that i have just got rid of, my water was going really fast too all into my engine, stop using it and get it sorted look for gunk on your oil cap, if so Bye bye head,
was it a j reg mk2 by any chance???

Anonymous
02-11-00, 10:36 AM
Nope, its a H reg MK2