PDA

View Full Version : it's not fair

carrie_girl_wonder
04-05-08, 05:26 PM
first I buy a car that constantly needs stuff doing to it. then it gets broken into,and then today i get a flat ,pull over realise i havnt got a jack as i took everything out from when it was broken into,so my dad came along with my jack but my jacks rubbish and he wudnt let me use his bmw jack because its meant for abmw not a nova :wtf: and the only guy that offered to help me (not that i needed help) was a stoner,he was like i would offer to help you but i'm too stoned like' lol and the spare i have isnt black,i painted all my wheels black but never got round to doing that one.AND my car over runs again,i got it fixed then they mot'd it and adjusted it wrong so it was stalling anf readjusted it and now it over runs again :wtf:

on the plus side i got offerd a new job on friday which im going to need pfft

rant over wayhey

draper
04-05-08, 05:31 PM
welcome to owning a nova

MK999
04-05-08, 05:31 PM
There was no mention of rust though :confused:

chimp007_uk
04-05-08, 05:49 PM
There was no mention of rust though :confused:

That was fixed... For now lol

Does it matter that its not the same? You'll get the puncture repaired and then it can go back on.

NovaLad
04-05-08, 06:00 PM
Meh stop moaning!

My car is in and out of garages every month being fixed.

Something goes wrong all the time.

As said... ''welcome to owning a nova''

Lynsey
04-05-08, 06:12 PM
If you can't take the pressures, you know where the door is! lol

Only kidding, you will become numb to Nova issues after a couple of months hehe.

NatJK
04-05-08, 06:16 PM
lol know how ya feel. I had problems with my choke, took me a long time to get used to it, car always kept cutting out. one time cut out in a car park and wouldnt start, looked like a right muppet holding up everyone and no one even helped me, least you got help even if it was from a druggy!

NovaLad
04-05-08, 06:31 PM
The druggy didn't help her.

Read the thread.

He was to High!

Jack
04-05-08, 06:34 PM
Try having a part time gearbox, that was fun.

NatJK
04-05-08, 06:38 PM
The druggy didn't help her.

Read the thread.

He was to High!

sorry i'll rephrase it, atleast you got offered help!

that a bit better??? :D

carrie_girl_wonder
05-05-08, 05:57 PM
nah I know all about novas going wrong,I guess i'm still bummed about my car being broken into really as i'd nearly sorted everything that I wanted to do to it then that happens.also i was pretty hungover when I wrote that thread so therefore a bit fed up lol.

Im not bothered baout the colour really I drove around with 2 black wheels for weeks a while back just the hassle ah well

i'm all happy now though as i dont know why but its really satifying washing and polishing your car and it looking nice and sparkly.also fixed lights and trimmed car mats and touched up bits n bobs so i'm now having a well deserved cuppa tea :D

Saloony
05-05-08, 06:10 PM
Oh dear... remember to ring a help line if it all gets too much for you and you feel like doing yourself in lol

Lee
05-05-08, 06:11 PM
Every time i tinker with the 1.2 it gets worse!!!

Im nearly considering putting the green one on the road!

carrie_girl_wonder
06-05-08, 02:09 PM
hoho hum

Ernie
06-05-08, 02:16 PM
Every time i tinker with the 1.2 it gets worse!!!

Im nearly considering putting the green one on the road!
Now thats realy tempting fate lol

Dod
06-05-08, 02:56 PM
Ok, if it helps, My Nova SX.

I've owned it for circa 4 years now, it started as a 1.2, then a 1.4 that origionally didnt work right, so a second 1.4 then a 1.4 16v installed 1.5yrs ago. It hasnt started since. 3 resprays later and its hopefully looking good, but still isnt a runner. Luckily enough, no break ins (which'd be pointless as it wont drive) Rust (as its been garaged but not worked on much) but thats it!!

Carrie, I've never seen pics of your Nova, all I know is that its Silver, has 3 Black wheels and a series of break in dents. Any chance of a few Pics?
And if you have time, the Nova as well :D

meritlover
06-05-08, 02:58 PM
just man the f*ck up. thats what car owner-ship is all about. if you want to have less car worries and can afford it, buy a new car at £300 a month and then trade it after 2 years. else.....dry your eyes

Lynsey
06-05-08, 03:18 PM
Harsh! True though...

Stuart
06-05-08, 03:35 PM
just man the f*ck up. thats what car owner-ship is all about. if you want to have less car worries and can afford it, buy a new car at £300 a month and then trade it after 2 years. else.....dry your eyes

I'd sooner have an "old" car over a newer one. New cars go wrong BIG TIME, ok they are warrantied but that still dosent relieve you of stress as youve got to waste your time in dealerships/on the phone etc. Atleast novas can be fixed with an adjustable spanner and a hammer.

meritlover
06-05-08, 03:41 PM
a wise man once told me, theres nothing that cant be fixed to get you home on a nova with anything other than jubilee clips, self-amalgamating tape and tie wraps.

i would also sooner have an old car, but then iam not complaining about the woes of car ownership.

Lee
06-05-08, 03:45 PM
a wise man once told me, theres nothing that cant be fixed to get you home on a nova with anything other than jubilee clips, self-amalgamating tape and tie wraps.

i would also sooner have an old car, but then iam not complaining about the woes of car ownership.

True enough. Even when i put a rod through the block the second time, the fecker kept running on 3. Unbelievable!

MK999
06-05-08, 03:57 PM
I'd sooner have an "old" car over a newer one. New cars go wrong BIG TIME, ok they are warrantied but that still dosent relieve you of stress as youve got to waste your time in dealerships/on the phone etc. Atleast novas can be fixed with an adjustable spanner and a hammer.

One of the main reasons I got a nova, can do all the work myself pretty much :)

Jack
06-05-08, 06:05 PM
Didn't Phil's 1.0 still run after he'd blown the engine across JNC's workshop with N2O? lol

Philsutton
06-05-08, 06:06 PM
yes it did, very badly mind you. It still drove off the rollers outside the workshop, turned around and backed back in again. We then spent the next hour feeding it bolts an the damn thing wouldnt die.

nova---chris
06-05-08, 06:16 PM
i can now remember why i got rid of my nova!!! lol!!
Novas and broken go hand in hand!! :thumb:

Adam
06-05-08, 06:27 PM
Mines never broken :p

MK999
06-05-08, 06:32 PM
we think mine has a sticky throttle cable and/or dodgy fuel relay but it still goes which is the important bit lol

Jack
06-05-08, 06:36 PM
You're not trying hard enough lol

carrie_girl_wonder
06-05-08, 07:07 PM
why is everyone well nearly everyone telling me to 'dry my eyes' whatever,I was just ranting for a brief momment,i knew full well that I would have problems with my car when i brought it otherwise i wouldnt have brought it in the first place!!!! I was just hoping for a bit of sympathy lol oh well nevermindlol

Stuart
06-05-08, 07:43 PM
ill give you the best 3 seconds of sympathy you'll ever have if you want ;)

Mike
06-05-08, 07:48 PM

Same here, out of all the Nova's ive had, the biggest problem ive ever faced was a broken clutch cable*

*Ex out the broken 4-1 and when i lost an exhaust system (both my own fualt) and ex out the ones that got nicked lol

nova---chris
06-05-08, 07:48 PM
ill give you the best 3 seconds of sympathy you'll ever have if you want ;)
lol seconds or inches lol gotta watch him!!!

Stuart
06-05-08, 07:51 PM
lol seconds or inches lol gotta watch him!!!
both lol

Lynsey
06-05-08, 07:55 PM
*Ahem* That's being generous, according to what Lee has told me :p

Lee
06-05-08, 08:03 PM
no, 3 seconds is pretty much on the mark :)

Lynsey
06-05-08, 08:20 PM
I meant the 3" bit ;) he he he.

Lee
06-05-08, 08:22 PM
He was asked once to give a bloke 9 inches and make it hurt, so he shagged him 3 times and smacked him in the mouth ;)

Lynsey
06-05-08, 08:23 PM
lol

chimp007_uk
06-05-08, 08:30 PM
lol brilliant... lol

CP
06-05-08, 10:09 PM
:roll: tsk a soon as a young girlie gets on this forum all the letch's come leering out of the undergrowth. Some of you have stopped taking your medication again haven't you stuart? lol

Anyway here's my pearls of wisdom about your predicament.

Stop moaning you're lucky to even have a car. Why in my day we used to think we had it made if we had part shares in a horse & cart. I saved up for 20 years to own 1 leg of a horse and then it died 3 weeks later. And if you did get a horse and were riding along in the cart and you hit a pothole the wheel would quite likely fall off and they were bastids to put back on cos the jacks used to lift them were 6 strong blokes and if they were Geordies they would lift the wrong way round and you couldn't get the wheel on cos they were in the way and even if you did get it on your hands would be full of splinters.................................drone... ...................moan..................drone Aye times wus hard - us used to have handful of hot gravel and cupful of sulphuric acid for us brekfasts before going to work down t'pit 25 hrs a day 8 days a week whilst living in a paper bag in a septic tank!

Tsk the yoof of today - they dont know they've got it madelol

Dod
06-05-08, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I bet you would Stu.

Carrie, basicially, being stressed over a Nova is nothing new. They are stressing cars but that said a very good wee car when they're right. Dont fret about it, afterall nothing on a Nva should cost anymore that a hundred quid to replace and you really only got a flat wheel, no biggie.

I suppose, some people just have their bad days, and it looks like Carrie has had a bad day.

nova---chris
07-05-08, 09:10 AM
I meant the 3" bit ;) he he he.
only 3 inches but he got 20 stone to whack it in with!! lol Altho not getting to far in 3 seconds!

As for the car. perhaps a horse and cart would be a more economical planet saving idea!!

carrie_girl_wonder
07-05-08, 06:59 PM
wish i could delete this post. I'm NOT moaning anymore it was just a brief rant *sigh* anyways got a quote for the whole side of the car to be repsrayed for 375?thats the best quote ive had and personally reckon it's the best i'm going to get (chimp aka chris if u reply to this i swear i will knaw your head off,the brain head nout rude,as you experianced my anger sunday lol )

Dod
07-05-08, 11:11 PM
Well done missy, that seems not too bad. Keep us posted on the Progress. :thumbs: