PDA

View Full Version : lost plug?

ste porter
04-05-08, 01:51 PM
where on a c20xe loom is the plug that you need to bridge the pins when doing the paper clip test as i dont remember seeing it when i put the engine in
is it with the ron plug somewhere normaly or near the ecu end of the loom ?or neither as i cant find it!

Adam
04-05-08, 02:33 PM
Find a brown/yellow wire, put that to earth, turn ign on

ste porter
04-05-08, 03:29 PM
yeah i know all that i have actualy got a fault code reader aswell but its crap but its no use anyway if i havent got anything to plug it into its the coms port plug i have lost not the eml wire i cant find it on the loom

Adam
04-05-08, 04:51 PM
It should be on a loom plug either in the engine bay, or in the footwell depending what loom your using

Clean 2.0 nova
04-05-08, 06:21 PM
I would imagine it is in the drivers footwell on a plug as above.

ste porter
04-05-08, 09:54 PM
yeah thanks guys found it in the end was a loose wire taped up in the loom

im getting code

13 Oxygen sensor No change in voltage/open circuit.
15 Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) High voltage
16 Knock sensor 1 No change in voltage

any ideas?

Clean 2.0 nova
05-05-08, 02:54 PM
Dunno about the last one - There is only one knock sensor or does it mean it is not sensing the knock from piston 1? Obvious thing is to try is swapping the listed items for new and see how you get on........

Jack
05-05-08, 03:45 PM
I'd say the knock sensor was dead - when detonation occurs, it changes the voltage in the sensor. If there's no voltage change when the ECU expects there to be (perhaps on engine start?) it could return an error like that. Note that if the ECU isn't picking up a signal from the sensor, it retards the timing by 5'.

Topbuzz has info on testing the knock sensor here (http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/maintenance/knock_sensor/knock_sensor.htm)

Are you sure the sensors (water, knock, oxygen - lambda?) are all wired in properly?

ste porter
05-05-08, 07:10 PM
yeah there all wired in could any of the above cause it to cut spark for a few seconds at random times and cough and splutter when it feels like it?

Lee H
06-05-08, 12:01 AM
Usually a few fault codes on different things is down to dogy earths, i'd check them first.

ste porter
06-05-08, 12:29 AM
got

38 and 39 tonite aswell and both are oxygen sensor related aswell one is high voltage the other is low voltage i also no longer get 15 or 16

so the only 3 codes its now logging is 13,38,39 so im going to change the lamba first thing in the morning

i also still have the problem that it will drive fine for ages and then all of a sudden it will cough and splutter and seem like something kills the spark for a few seconds it will idol but as soon as you try to pull off it dips out and kills spark again and refuses to move followed by a cough and a splutter and back to normal again? theres no eml on when it does this but comes on not long after! if i turn it of and on again it will drive fine any ideas? lamba (oxygen sensor) cant cause this can it?