PDA

View Full Version : so mad

L33 LEG
03-05-08, 11:45 PM
i spent nearly half an hour jet washing my car at work tonight and got it looking spotless, left it parked up till 11pm and it was looking so shiney, pull out of work onto a 40zone and a gritter comes the opposite way. seen as its a very warm night i didnt even think about it gritting, until it passed me and the loudest coating of grit swiped my car, it was alot lot louder than usual. i pulled over straight away and the whole front end was coated in mud and grit, completely grey and brown. look round the car and the sides and boot was the same but luckily that would just have been the stuff coming off the road.

i drove back to work and quickly jet washed it in the dark to check the damage, my freshly sprayed front end is full of stone chips, it was spotless before. the bumper has some very big chips in it now and the bonnet has quite a lot small ones all over it. its just destroyed it :( going to have to give it a good wash and polish 2moro and hopefully it wont be as bad as i think. so angry though, its bloody summer ffs, why was the gritter out and why was it chucking 10 times more than usual out?!

looks like il have to get it sprayed again now :roll: :mad:

Dave.
04-05-08, 12:04 AM
thats gay... can see what you meen.. theres not been a drop of rain all day here... that sucks mate.. if you want it back minto again youll have to rspray it.. i bet your banging your head against a brick wall now

Nick
04-05-08, 12:12 AM
Prehaps complain to the council. You never know what the outcome will be.

Obv you'l have to have some kinda date/time for the whereabouts of the gritter and some "Before and After" photos.

Theres a small possibility they COULD accept liability if the gritter wasn't meant to be out or gritting. But i wouldn't hold your breath

L33 LEG
04-05-08, 12:29 AM
tbh i would only embarass myself. the council will just laugh when i explain i have some stonechips on a nova lol

not much i can do, apart from hope its not too bad when i look at it in the sunlight 2moro :(

ade
04-05-08, 12:59 AM
council whould compensate you for that! Did the gritter guy turn it on deliberately? And why grit - I'm in Scotland and its well warm up here!

L33 LEG
04-05-08, 01:22 AM
he didnt just turn it on for me as the grit was all over the road for another mile after that. some guy probably nicked the truck lol as there was an awful lot of grit coming out of it. the whole road and town was covered in it afterwards, very odd tho as its a very warm night tonight.

il check the local papers this week to see if anybody else has mentioned it. and il definetly be checking over my car first thing in the morning and seeing if its worth complaining about or not

L33 LEG
04-05-08, 01:24 AM
saying that tho, its very odd cos it didnt even look like grit. it was def a gritter but my car was mostly covered in mud and stones, and was more grey than grit coloured. il hopefully see it in the papers to see exactly why it was there and what it was

Nick
04-05-08, 02:24 AM
Phone the council then, it sounds very very odd.

It's very warm here tonight. I don't know wether they contract their work out to a specific company or wether they have "in-house" gritters - You'l have to ask.

Either way, a Gritter spraying mud across the road is Definetly bad news. Highlight all the potential hazards

Jack
04-05-08, 02:15 PM
Could have been farm traffic.

tbh i would only embarass myself. the council will just laugh when i explain i have some stonechips on a nova lol
No, you have stonechips on your "freshly resprayed car, which had just cost you £xxxx at the bodyshop to be painted" ;)

L33 LEG
04-05-08, 03:09 PM
i havnt seen the car in the sunlight yet but the bonnet seems to be ok, however the bumper is covered in chips, it has gone through the black paint and through the silver paint which was on before and now i can see loads of red dots from the original colour :(

il have to get it sprayed again, especially seen as im going down to pvs with it!