PDA

View Full Version : gsi clocks

geordie_racer
03-09-02, 03:31 AM
ok so now ive done my mk2 dash conversion ive come 2 fittin my new gsi 6 dial clocks 2 me nova. the 1st problem ive come into is that my mk1 nova loom has a 12 pin connecter on it where as the new gsi 1 is a 14 pin connector. ive cut the old connecter of and wired as follows,

GSI Loom Colouring,

pin 1 = black
pin 2 = blue/green
pin 3 = grey/green
pin 4 = black
pin 5 = black/green/white
pin 6 = white
pin 7 = green
pin 8 = brown
pin 9 = blue
pin 10 = blue/black
pin 11 = brown/white
pin 12 = blue/white
pin 13 = brown/white
pin 14 = brown/red

MK1 Loom Colouring

pin 1 = brown/yellow
pin 2 = blue/green (2 wires into 1 pin)
pin 3 = grey/green
pin 4 = black/green
pin 5 = black/white
pin 6 = white
pin 7 = brown
pin 8 = blue
pin 9 = blue/black
pin 10 = black
pin 11 = blue/white
pin 12 = brown/red
pin 13 = brown/white

so ive wired the above pins onto the 14 pin connecter as follows,

pin 1 = black (pin 1 gsi) + black (pin 4 gsi) + black (pin 10 mk1)
pin 2 = blue/green (pin 2 gsi) + blue/greenx2 (pin 2 mk1)
pin 3 = grey/green (pin 3 gsi) + grey/green (pin 3 mk1)
pin 4 = already conected with pin 1 gsi to pin 10 mk1
pin 5 = black/green/white (pin 5 gsi) + black/green (pin 4 mk1) + black/white (pin 5 m1)
pin 6 = white (pin 6 gsi) + white (pin 6 mk1)
pin 7 = not wired coz i need 2 run wire from coil but i no this is the green wire 4 tachometer
pin 8 = brown (pin 8 gsi) + brown (pin 7 mk1)
pin 9 = blue (pin 9 gsi) + blue (pin 8 mk1)
pin 10 = blue/black (pin 10 gsi) + blue/black (pin 9 mk1)
pin 11 = brown/white (pin 11 gsi) + brown/white (pin 13 gsi) + brown/white (pin 13 mk1)
pin 12 = blue/white (pin 12 gsi) + blue/white (pin 11 mk1)
pin 13 = already wired with pin 11 gsi to pin 13 on mk1 loom
pin 14 = brown/red (pin 14 gsi) + brown/red (pin 12 mk1)

so for those still with me the above wiring gives me the following problems,

1. im left with a brown yellow wire from the mk1 loom which used to connect to pin 1 n the old connecter any ne ideas wot i do with this?
2. the green indicator light on the dash always stays on but flashes when i indicate.
3.when i first start the engine the red oil light comes on but when lightly revved for a couple of minutes goes out, is this normal?
4. the tachometer doesn't work, i no feed wire from the coil but could some1 email me a picture with an arrow pointing 2 the coil coz i don't no where 2 find it in the engine. (bit strange considerin ive fully rebuilt the thing myself)
5. the speedo seems 2 be out by 10 mph compared 2 old clocks and feel of the gear limits. (ie, used 2 get 2 40 in second gear before changin with old clocks but new 1's go 2 50 with same revs but not redlining)
6. oil dial in middle just goes 2 full all the time, wot does this dial read and wot do i need to make it work properly?
7. can some1 please email me instructions on how 2 change the mileage on the clocks as there about 40k ahead of my engine mileage. (don't post on here as this isn't really somethin that should be publicly announced)

sorry bout the length of the post but really need ure help and thought id give as much info as i can,

cheers
chris

thomp1983@hotmail.com

geordie_racer
03-09-02, 01:40 PM
come on i no this is a really long post but i really need ure help 2 get this fixed and working

carltoncrazy
03-09-02, 03:51 PM
ive read this post 4 times and,its very comfusing,
not coz its badly written(like mean)
jus the length it takes alot of concerntion
bear with me for a day or two

Aragorn
04-09-02, 09:58 AM
the oil warning light SHOULD go out instantly after starting the engine - it should definetly not stay on for a few minutes ifit does there is a problem somwhere

the oil guage shows the oil pressure and to make it work u need the sender from a SR/GSi

the lights that aer staying on prolly means somthing is wired wrongly - remember the mark1 colors wont match the GSI colors exactly and u may find that the wiring is different

there should have been a blue and yellow wire spare on the GSi end of the loom as that is the oil pressure sender wire?

as for your spare mk1 lead look where it goes on the old dash - follow the traces - might be summat like engine management as they could never decide on a permenant color for that thruought the range :)

and the reason your indicator is fooked is cos your shoring the relay by hooking those 2 wires into one bulb and u cant do that - i tried it the opposite way round on nme digidash and it failed miserably hazards turned on the second i engaged the ignition

did the mk1 dash have 2 indicator lights?
if not look to see how it was wired on the traces at the back