PDA

View Full Version : 16" Masitaly VT5's

NovaCruiser
02-09-02, 09:57 PM
Hiya

Am saving up for a set of masitaly vt5 16" wheels with 195/45/16 profile tyres. Just wondered the amount of scubbage I would get with these.

Half of the rear arch of my mk1 nova sr has been removed (about 5mm left) to fit my current wheels with are the vauxhall pentalines with 195/50/15 tyres, these scrub with people in the back sometimes.

My cars been lowered 50mm. Has anyone else got these wheels in this size and has any trouble with scrubbage. As far as I know there et45 which is ideal and 7inches wide.

Any thought greatly appreciated before I fork out ?600!

Cheers

mikeoxford
02-09-02, 10:48 PM
sorry i cant be of assitance to your post, but wuld you sell me your old alloys before this sunday??

NovaCruiser
02-09-02, 11:12 PM
I cant i'm afraid mate, cos I have to wait another 3 weeks until I get paid, then I'll have enough money to afford the wheels. Sorry I cant help matey.

Ben (lurk75)
03-09-02, 11:20 AM
ok first thing et45 aint perfect but its pretty close.

you are only dropping 10% (5% both sides the tyre wall) on your tyre size and gaining 1 inch in total size with the jump from 15-16" wheels.

so if it rubs now it will definately rub with the 16"s, as you have already lost half the lip on your arch this makes it difficult to roll as your better of rolling the whole arch rather than half of it. So just grind of some more of the arch, try to leave a minnimum of 2mm (as you are cutting it bloody fine past this)

failing all of this get some skinnier friends! :P

Breeny
03-09-02, 02:36 PM
first et45 is perfect for 7" wide rims. It will rub on the shock if the offset is any higher than that ;)

I would recomend you just get the bodyshop to cut off the rear lip and weld it back up. You may also have some problems with the front.. again get the bodyshop to fold up the lip or remove it completely.

It will save any troubles that you may have with rubbing etc IMO and any reasonable bodyshop shouldn't do it for much money.