PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l 16v Conversion

benji
02-05-08, 06:10 PM
Hi all, long time no see.

I'm finally getting round to sticking a xe in my nove. The engine i've got is a late version and has power steering, the pump shares a bracket with the tensioner pully. Will i need a new bracket with only the tensioner on it or will dropping the PAS pump be enough to make it fit? The engine has a L shaped plug cover but it's black and says Ecotec on it, whats this mean? i thought all the XE's were red. It's from a L reg Calibra.

Ben.

Adam
02-05-08, 06:12 PM
Welcome back mate.

Its just a very late xe, hence the different plug cover.

Remove the power steering etc, fit a single v alternator and bottom pully, and then use a normal manual tensioner, soted.

benji
02-05-08, 06:19 PM
Welcome back mate.

Its just a very late xe, hence the different plug cover.

Remove the power steering etc, fit a single v alternator and bottom pully, and then use a normal manual tensioner, soted.

Bah! I knew there would be more messing around involved. Trip to the scrappers is in order.

benji
02-05-08, 07:03 PM
http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Astra2-Electrical.html

Which alternator do i need?

stuartp
23-05-08, 10:32 AM
R1030053 - VAUXHALL ASTRA ALTERNATOR 65A

Part Number: R1030053

Will F
23-05-08, 02:20 PM
You can bodge the later type alt braket onto an early alternator. I founf it V difficult to get hold of an early braaket for mine!

Ste L
23-05-08, 02:48 PM
You can bodge the later type alt braket onto an early alternator. I founf it V difficult to get hold of an early braaket for mine!

just go vauxhall and order the bracket, they can still get them, my mate got one not so long ago, and i'll be doing the same

Adam
24-05-08, 12:03 AM
The early type bracket looks identical to a small block 8v one to me.......

Will F
24-05-08, 09:20 PM
The bracjket that bolts the alt to the block is the same... the adjuster that bolts to the inlet isnt though!