PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 2.0 8v

novanum1
01-05-08, 10:10 PM
Hey all.

Since my nova Sri engine is going to pop soon. i thought id get a 2.0 8v out off a cav Sri the C20NE with the F16 gearbox. Iv been looking at every ones projects and articles iv answered most off my question i need to now. but just got a few i want to ask.

like ;

1) Do i need to move the engine block mount if i buy the chris astley conversion kit.

2) Also with that kit i get some 22 spline conversion CV joints. So could i use my sri driveshafs if not iv read i can use GTE ones.

3) Could i get away with not welding the chassis up. Or should i just do it aways.

4) Where could i buy a Exhaust Manifold and down pipe to fit the nova system or does the standard one fit.

I think that all i need to ask. i have used the search. but i couldnt find the answer i need. so sorry if somthings have been repeated.

just vaux trev
01-05-08, 10:42 PM
1)no
2) sri shafts are 22 spline but not always the oe ones fitted (check)
3)i run 20seh cav sri (not 20ne) and mine is not welded up and is fine
4)use standard manifold/down pipe off the cav and cut weld/get someone else to do it/ to match your nova system

ps add your location to your profile
this will help you as people on here are always up for lending a helping hand

novanum1
01-05-08, 11:05 PM
Thats made it seam even easy. iv just realy got to look at my drive shafts. i spose the cav ones are to long??? thanks for the answers mate

Steve
02-05-08, 12:05 AM
Yep as far as I know gte ones are the only ones you can use if you do want to buy the expensive motorsport hubs/shafts.

The welding will depend on the condition of your shell really, mines not welded as the bay is mint. :thumb:
Also keep a look out in the traders forum as coline smith was breaking some 2.0 novas with a custom 2.0 exhaust I believe.

Adam
02-05-08, 05:40 PM
You need td/gte shafts.
Sri's dont have 22spliners(unless someones fitted them)