PDA

View Full Version : Clifford Eagle Alarm

bam
02-09-02, 12:57 PM
Ive got a Clifford Eagle alarm system on my nova. It was working fine until the other day. Im currently in the middle of doing the car up and unfortunately the battery on the car was completely drained as I have not used the car for over a month. As the battery was flat it would not open the doors when I used the key fob so I opened them with the key. I then removed the battery without putting the alarm in valet mode. Once I had charged the battery and put it back on the car the siren sounded , I switched it off with the fob and I thought it was fine. But when I tried to lock the car with the fob it would not lock the doors. The alarm was active as when I opened the doors it set the siren off. Ive looked the owners manual and installation guides and there is no reference to this problem. Is there any settings I have to switch on etc to activate the keyless entry or anything else I can do/check before incurring a bill from the professionals. Any help will be much apreciated.

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-02, 04:16 PM
right if professionally fitted then it will have a lifetime guarentee, so give a Clifford dealer a call and shout at them, dont tell them that you have farted about with it, just say that it worked one day and then not the next, sounds like the batery back up might have ran down after all the eagles are getting quite old nowadays.

bam
02-09-02, 04:39 PM
The only thing is the person I brought it off was a mechanic and im pretty sure he said he had fitted it himself. He gave me a certificate I could give to my insurance company but was for another system, not a clifford. Is there anyway I can check (dont have the previous owners details anymore) before looking like a tit and going to the dealer just to be told it wasn't professionally fitted.

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-02, 04:46 PM
right in that case you have innocence on your side, take it along to the dealer and say you bought the car and were told that it had been fitted by them but are unsure by the time they have decided if they fitted it or not, they would have probably sourced the problem. they should fix it for free really, jusr pretend to be intrested in a new alarm or some ICe there selling, ask if its worth upgrading to the GT series alarms and say your gonna save up a bit (its not but they will fix yours and then you dont bother getting the new one fitted)