PDA

View Full Version : electronic advance on dizzy

big gra
01-05-08, 05:43 PM
right, sorted compression troubles out, fuels ok but still wont tick over or run smoothly.

the dizzy i got with the engine was broken so ive used thye one off my old engine and wired the plug onto the new loom, but when you fiddle with the plug, one of the relays clicks like mad, and once the engine jumped by itself, will this be what is causing my engine problem and what should i do?

meritlover
01-05-08, 06:09 PM
what engine, what old dizzy and what type of new dizzy??

big gra
01-05-08, 06:54 PM
its my 1.6 gte and ive put the dizzy off the 1.2spi on. when i wobble the plug on it theres a ticking and it sounds like its coming from the injectors, and the relay clicks, but how the engine turned itself over i have no idea.

Adam
01-05-08, 07:36 PM
That plug is what tells the ecu the engine is rotating, so aye its am important plug.

If its doing strange things i guess its your wiring if you've cut/joined the loom about

big gra
01-05-08, 07:56 PM
well ive just re-wired the plug and it seems to have stopped, but engine still wont tick over by itself.

big gra
01-05-08, 08:04 PM
putting the dizzy off the 1.2 wont make much difference should it?

Adam
01-05-08, 08:21 PM
No, gte and spi's have the same dizzy.

So whats the actual problem then? Wont idle?

What was the problem causing 0psi compresssion?

big gra
01-05-08, 08:33 PM
No, gte and spi's have the same dizzy.

So whats the actual problem then? Wont idle?

What was the problem causing 0psi compresssion?

well one of the valves was stuck open, sorted that proplem and still wont idle, checked fuel lines, fuel pump, spark, everything i could think of. ove now taken the head off again, going to lap the valves in, clean up intake manifold and hopefully all should be ok after that, want it to be right coz its gota get me 150miles to pvs.

Adam
01-05-08, 08:44 PM
Hmm, wont idle as in misfiring?
Might have clipped a valve

meritlover
02-05-08, 09:17 AM
what is the compression now the valve is sorted.

and, stick a timing light on each plug and check its not an intermitting spark.