PDA

View Full Version : XE inlet clearence

djshaggeh
01-05-08, 04:24 PM
Im having real trouble to get enough clearence so I can get the inlet manifold back on. It seems to be rubbing on the clutch cable and the left heater matrix pipe. I have chopping a fair bit off the matrix pipe and bent it down and away - still no joy. Same with the clutch cable its angled down and away but still wont clear. Any suggestions?

Philsutton
01-05-08, 04:27 PM
what mounts are you using, have noticed on alot of conversion that the engines sit far to back in the bay IMO and make it very difficult to to work on inlets ect.. Ive never had a problem with mine and always been able to remove an fit inlets without a problem.

djshaggeh
01-05-08, 04:34 PM
Im using chris astley, front and gearbox mounts.

loggyboy
01-05-08, 04:37 PM
I had this much clearance using Brian S mounts (valvers.com)

http://loggyboy.com/images/nilly/Phase1/25BulkheadClearance640.jpg

ste porter
01-05-08, 06:56 PM
mine has very similar clearance also using valver .coms mounts but its still tight with the clutch and matrix pipes

did you grind the lug of the back of the manifold?

djshaggeh
01-05-08, 08:33 PM
Its OK now. I removed the front engine mount and lent the engine forward thus giving me enough room to fit the inlet manifold.

Whilst sorting out all the coolent hoses I notice there is a pipe coming off underneath of the inlet manifold - pointing towards the back of the head. Where does this go?

djshaggeh
01-05-08, 09:41 PM
Nice one mate, I noticed that in the footwell.

Is it a silver cylinder thing with a couple of hoses coming off, one going to the bottom of the inlet and the other goes?