PDA

View Full Version : under bonnet lamp

mikeoxford
01-09-02, 10:20 PM
i have found out today, that the glovebox lamp fits in the bonnet where the bonnet lamp fits, i assume likewise with the boot lamp and interior light as they look the same dimensions??

my question is

what wattage was the bulb in the bonnet as standard???

the glovebox is 10w and before i fit that i wana find out if it is similar to what should be there

i know its porbably as good as a fart in a bag, just want little cool touches to me car :wink:

mikeoxford
01-09-02, 10:29 PM
:o god damn me!!

:idea: looked on the EPC

the part number / picture / bulb / assembly

is ALL the same as the glovebox, bonnet lamp, boot and interior lamp, so anyone wishing to do what im doing can nick any of them from the scrappy

just done a quick search.

they are exactly same pt number as in corsa A, B, C, vaux tigra and cavvy / calibra too.

would :!: assume :!: that anything that looks similar probaby fits as they seem pretty well used across the models

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-02, 09:54 AM
why not use a coloured bulb to make it look a bit different :?:

bob
02-09-02, 10:43 AM
I know that it fits in there,but dont know how to wire it up! please tell me!-cheques in post mate :)

mikeoxford
02-09-02, 11:30 AM
respect bob

as for the light.

below the hole for the light is a screw hole, screw a wire with a ring connector here, needs a spade connector the other end, and slide onto one connection of lamp, the negative one, look where th wires go on there is a + and - duno why tho cos bulbs work either way :S anyway

for the positive feed, wire it to whatever you want.

as standard it is wired to the sidelights or headlights, not sure which, i am going to wire mine to the interior lamp, so if i need it i dont drain much voltage.

so, negatve feed sorted

just find a switched positive feed on anything you want it connected to, lights, ignition, a new switch, anything