PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 sr Need a few opinions

nova_saloon
01-05-08, 01:37 AM
Hi, I bought this last July with 52K on the clock! was really happy with it. Because it is in mint condition (part from the boot and battery tray, But please dont make me go in to that)

I really need opinions on what to do with it.

I was thinking of two options. I could take all the decals off and door bumper strips and put gsi sideskirts with gsi front and back bumper and have them all black with either the standard sr spoiler or a gsi one.

Or.... Keep it all standard as it is and paint the bumpers and decals in a nice black including the spoiler!
What you think? here are some pictures
Phil :thumb:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/100_0094.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/100_0090.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/100_0088-1.jpg

SRimon
01-05-08, 08:46 AM
leave it as it is ffs!

Thats pretty rare nowadays

peester
01-05-08, 09:22 AM
if ur gonna destroy it (GTE/GSi whatever)- then sell it. They are a sort after car.. Ide leave alone -or paint it up so its tidyier. Get rid of those 'fan'blade wheels and the v grille thing..

Sort your battery tray and boot out..?

paul james
01-05-08, 09:34 AM
Leave the vinyl on unless its got a load of rust under it that needs sorting. Take that Vauxhall V off the grill, they look crap on nova's. And sort out your battery tray and boot before worrying about anything else.

Mike B GTE
01-05-08, 09:37 AM
just the same as everybody above. fix the rust, loose the V-grill and leave it the hell alone. to rare to ruin.

dj_wudgey
01-05-08, 09:43 AM
you should sell it to me lol if not keep it standard mate no point ruining that beast!!!!!

nova_saloon
01-05-08, 12:29 PM
Thanks! That deffinatly given me a head up, the V-grill came with the car unfortunatly but i did the alloys, i always thought they were quite tidy on there! What would you say i do with the alloys then? Ive still got the original SR ones but there scratched to ****e and ive put ATE Brakes on there so the now wont fit on!
Phil

Zach
01-05-08, 02:20 PM
yeah the V gril looks gash, and is it me or is it yellow? id change that haha

Dod
01-05-08, 02:26 PM
Yup, take the grill and throw it at whoever put it on. Leave the car as it is aside from that. Give it a real good clean and fit some GTE Skirts.

dave_bates
01-05-08, 02:45 PM
yeah the V gril looks gash, and is it me or is it yellow? id change that haha

Do not change the colour! Get rid of the grill, wheels arent too bad, better than sticking some shocking aftermarkets ones on with too low an offset.

nice car:thumb:

big gra
01-05-08, 03:22 PM
nicer wheels

60mm drop on the back so it sits level

sr grille

and youll have a nice car

craig green
01-05-08, 04:41 PM
I'm joining the group of bullies telling you to leave her alone. Definately dont GSi it (yawn).

Personally I'd spray the bumpers dark grey, return the fanblades to Silver, lose the V-grille & generally tidy her up into a subtly modified, yet close to standard state.

Electric windows, electric sunroof & maybe an injection engine would be nice mods to carry out that would compliment it.

Kept standard, with its SR identity, it will only rise (a little) in value IMO.

nova_saloon
01-05-08, 05:29 PM
nicer wheels

60mm drop on the back so it sits level

sr grille

and youll have a nice car

Already dropped 60mm at the back and lowered 80mm at the front on AVO's :thumb:

nova_saloon
01-05-08, 05:30 PM
Yup, take the grill and throw it at whoever put it on. Leave the car as it is aside from that. Give it a real good clean and fit some GTE Skirts.

Yeh came with the car ive never been bothered about it, but will be removed! and yes i will chuck it back at him lol

SKoob
01-05-08, 05:31 PM
leave it as is, rare as fook SRs, let alone in that colour. Standard steelies with the anthracite trims, lowered 60mm and thats all that needs doing

novait
01-05-08, 05:39 PM
as every one else has said leave it the way it is.
very nice car .

SKoob
01-05-08, 05:49 PM
Would look cool like this

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3232/dscf0742resdx1.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0742resdx1.jpg)

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1586/dscf0745resan5.th.jpg (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0745resan5.jpg)

;)

SRimon
01-05-08, 06:32 PM

Dont do that, GTE skirts look gash with vinyl.

dave.gsi
01-05-08, 06:43 PM
if you ruin that car, i will hunt you down and give you a slow and painfull death lol

yellow SR's are rare as fcuk, just keep it simple and tidy up any rusty patches :thumb:

Dod
01-05-08, 07:07 PM
Dont do that, GTE skirts look gash with vinyl.

No they Dont, they look the part. Look on any SR os SRi with them fitted.

SKoob
01-05-08, 07:17 PM
Never been a fan of skirts and vinyl, one or the other imo. But thats just my opinion

Ash
01-05-08, 07:32 PM
Make it mint, lose the grill and fit widened SRi steelies :D

maxlee
01-05-08, 07:38 PM
sell it and buy one you can mess about with lurn how to mod some thing nicley ect

or keep it and make it standed and mint

nova_saloon
02-05-08, 12:48 AM
if you ruin that car, i will hunt you down and give you a slow and painfull death lol

yellow SR's are rare as fcuk, just keep it simple and tidy up any rusty patches :thumb:

Dont worry its not being ruined, its in good hands. will keep you all posted on whats going on with the beast :thumb:

ade
02-05-08, 12:54 AM
restore it to standard - dont remove the boot vynal strip - it's rarer than hens teeth and looks classic imo.

Sort any rust on the side vynal and replace it with new vynal (will need to get cut at a vynal shop as cant get from vaux anymore)
remove tacky grill trim
leave skirts off

Or sell it to me for price you paid for it!

Welsh Dan
02-05-08, 08:27 AM
Take the V off the grille, then heatgun the bumpers, grill and wing mirror bodies to bring back their original colour and shine. Sort the rust out then go hunting for more rust, and sort that out lol.

nova_saloon
02-05-08, 04:06 PM
Take the V off the grille, then heatgun the bumpers, grill and wing mirror bodies to bring back their original colour and shine. Sort the rust out then go hunting for more rust, and sort that out lol.

Everybody with experience always says never go looking for rust because u will regret the work needed. But this car you will not believe how mint it really is! but im just annoyed that the rear jet hose snapped before i had it and leaked all the way down in to the boot and rotted it out! And the battery tray that goes no matter what! :p

draper
02-05-08, 04:25 PM
:cool:

id keep the wheels, ive always liked those fanblades

nova_saloon
02-05-08, 09:37 PM
:cool:

id keep the wheels, ive always liked those fanblades

Thanks! Ive always liked them! Fair enuff im keeping it original now but the fanblades are not going! :)

craig green
02-05-08, 09:55 PM
The wheels need doing in silver IMO.

just vaux trev
02-05-08, 10:56 PM
Already dropped 60mm at the back and lowered 80mm at the front on AVO's :thumb:

does look high for 80/60 mine is 60mm and sits a lot lower

nova_saloon
02-05-08, 11:42 PM
does look high for 80/60 mine is 60mm and sits a lot lower

The nose is about 3-4 inches off the floor and have sratch the bumper on kerbs at car parks and ive got avo adjustables at the back but there set to stiff so its quite hard to get it to sit low plus i dont have a spare wheel or anything in the boot so it raises it a little not by alot. plus the rust hole has caused it to loose about 2kgs of weight! lol