PDA

View Full Version : *important* Trax camping

Ian
01-09-02, 06:17 PM
hearing strong rumours that no onsite camping at trax like there has been last few years. they have camping arranged at some hall 10 miles away.

looking likely that some of us will camp at billing instead as proper facilities and not that much further. will be a large vauxhall contingent at billing too with loads of mig lot there.

more info to follow when i speak to silverstone tomorrow.

Ian
01-09-02, 07:31 PM
20 miles

Rick Draper
01-09-02, 08:34 PM
I am going to camp over at billing as well, fuck driving down at half 4 on sunday morning. Rick

ade
01-09-02, 10:02 PM
I'll be a sheep and join ya! Driving down from Glasgow Saturday afternoon. Anyone fancy meeting up on the way? Using m6 - have NO idea how to get there!

Anyone got directions???

Ade
(still waiting to get car polished!)

:|

Tilly
01-09-02, 10:09 PM
Correct me if im wrong u need M6, M1 JUNCTION 15

Ian
01-09-02, 10:44 PM
ade we'll prob meet knutsford services m6, then we tend to go a500 to stoke, a50 to derby then down m1, so avoiding birmingham. plus theres roadworks passed stafford on m6.

not sure of times yet.see whos doing what this week, rather leave earlier than later though.

who is up for northern convoy?

whats everyones plans?
fester?
kev?

mikeoxford
02-09-02, 12:23 AM
i know your avoiding birmingham, but ill meet up with you when you go past or whatever to go in convoy, im up for that

ollster
02-09-02, 01:04 AM
wots sort of time is it best to arrive at on sunday, i know that the gates open at 9 but will there be bad traffic around silverstone. Also im workin on saturday night so i will be comin down on the day so is there anywhere that i can meet up with you guys before i get there

kevw
02-09-02, 10:36 AM
Yea Ian count me in on the convoying, rex too.
I'll speak to u tonight anyway...

ade
02-09-02, 11:28 AM
I'm up for a northern convoy - let me know what time at knutsford services!

lol what a laugh!

All I needs a sleeing bag!

Anyone know any decent pubs/carryout places near there?

Ade

Rick Draper
02-09-02, 02:24 PM
I am up for a nothern convoy but i will meet you all on the a50 or the a500 if thats ok? Rick

Ian
02-09-02, 03:18 PM
ollster, opens to public at 9am but to show cars at 7am, queues will be massive you want to be aiming to be at silverstone before 7am!!!!

even then you may face massive queues, earlier the better im afraid.

ok confirmation from silverstone- no on site camping!, there is camping 10 minutes away from silverstone at some hall or other. and its ?12 for 6m x7m pitch so i will be camping at billing, plenty of room no limit on pitches plus loads of mig people tehre and we all know it, plus it also has better facilities showers toilets, bars food places. you can take disposable bbqs or buy food maccys 10 mins drive, well prob have bbqs and bring food or tesco wasnt far away or onsite supermarket at billing.

BILLING REUNION!!!!!!!!!

sort times nearer, im free all day, would prefer to go early though as i may go to silverstone to check our area out and maybe leave my car there save holding people up trying to get mine up down ramps.

id like to arrive billing early afternoon really, so can clean car etc and maybe DODGEMS!

andybishop
02-09-02, 03:44 PM
Ian, I'll be up for meeting on A500 or A50 along with a few others, let me know what time your planning on pasting there on Saturday.

dan16v
02-09-02, 06:13 PM
think silverstone is bout an hourish away from me so ill leave at 5am instead! should get there 6ish! but im shite at directions :lol:

locky
02-09-02, 09:15 PM
It looks like im gonna leave on the saturday now, but id like to meet up with u all at billing, so if som1 could tell me some directions, wot time ur all roughly meeting, id b more than grateful to meet up with u all! i don't know where billing is, so i cant type in a route on RAC !
Thanx alot

simon@novaheaven
03-09-02, 10:56 AM
i may be up for camping on saturday, will have to see what the missus wants to do as ill be with her in her car (f**d KA) shes on display with the Ka Klub i think.

Simon

Slatter
03-09-02, 01:08 PM
Right i did have plans to be racing a banger car on sunday, but i dunno if i can be bothered to do it.

I know its too late to sort silverstone tickets / passes out, so wot i may do is just come up to billing on saturday so i can say hello etc and have a bit off a pissup ???????? :lol:

Neweay dunno yet just a thought as i got a new MOT certificate today :)

Slatter

Tilly
03-09-02, 01:35 PM
u can still buy tickets on the gate

wisewood
03-09-02, 01:39 PM
how much are they on the gate?

Tilly
03-09-02, 01:44 PM
?15 i think or something close to that

Nova1.6
03-09-02, 01:52 PM
woody u going now?

wisewood
03-09-02, 02:17 PM
for the love of god... dont call me woody.
calle me wisewood, wise, wisey, andrew, andy, and, tuna, tunafish - but not woody...

and sheppy mate :D i dunno yet - i might do. pay on the door.

Ian
03-09-02, 06:16 PM
www.aquadrome.co.uk for billing info.

reminder be early on sunday morning very early.

kevw
03-09-02, 06:28 PM
yea woody that means you to

:P

ollster
03-09-02, 07:52 PM
if your goin down on sunday wisewood then give me a shout and ill go down with you in a convoy (ive jus noticed you live in rotherham). I only live in sheffield so if you want to we could meet either in sheffield or on the motoryway some where.

Nova1.6
03-09-02, 11:22 PM
ok ok im sorry tuna, i didnt know it was such a big thing, i'd hate that name to actualy, hey ollster im in sheff, i might be going down sat with a mate but not sure so most prob sunday, would u, wisewood and mewanna meet up somewhere and go in convoy early sunday morning?
Let me know u two!
Anyone else wanna meet up in the rotherham, doncaster, sheffield area?
Neil

Ian
04-09-02, 11:35 AM
Convoy details for sunday morning. run by cruisenorthwest and cossie chris will be leading. feel free to join if you are going on sunday morning.

(M6S) Knutsford : Meeting at 4:30am
(M6S) Knutsford : Leaving at 4:45am
(M6S) Sandbach Services : Past at 4:55am
(M6S) Stafford Services : Past at 5:10am
(M1S)Watford Gap Services : Meeting at 6:20am for tickets/car passes
(M1S) Watofr Gap Services : Leaving at 6:30am
Silverstone Race Circuit TRAFFIC : Arrive at 7am

note most of us will be going sat though.

Nova1.6
04-09-02, 12:25 PM
me, ollster and mikeoxford, possibly with wisewood if he can hitch a ride with one of us(cheep skate) will be at watford gap services at 6.14(inside joke) so see u lot then, oh and Ian, any news on a space on the stand, pretty plz?
Neil

wisewood
04-09-02, 12:35 PM
cheap skate - tish.
It isn't my fault I am poor.

Actually that's not true - it is my fault.

Nova1.6
04-09-02, 12:55 PM
nah its not your fault, u cant help that conpuslive urge you've got to buy womens underwear, lol.
'Only joking' (Tramp systle off harry Enfield)

Ian
04-09-02, 06:15 PM
what time is good for people meeting at knutsford on sat afternoon?
ade what time can you get there? earlier the better for me.

Rick Draper
04-09-02, 07:05 PM
I need to build my nova on saturday morning as its the only chance i will get so i will catch you all up if i am going to be late! Rick

Tilly
04-09-02, 11:32 PM
Just like to say the guys who r drinking saturday nite be carefull sunday morning driving cause u still will have the alcohol in system and there will be lots of coppers about.
But have a bloody good night

Ian_Gsi16v
06-09-02, 12:52 AM
i'm planning on going down on saturday afternoon so would definetly be up for meeting and goin in a convoy.

I have no idea how to get to trax lol

ade
06-09-02, 01:27 PM
I cannae get to knutsford till 5pm - got stuff on Sat morning I cannae get out of!

Will be there bout 5pm - anyone know which camp site we are going to - whittlbury park or billing?

I'll have to meet you there I'm afraid.

Ade
(car now polished but v dirty!)

:D

Ian
06-09-02, 07:43 PM
ok we doing billing again whittlebury is apparently a shit hole.

kevw
06-09-02, 08:10 PM
Yep, and our estimated arrival time at Billing will be inbetween 3 and 5 pm

CP
06-09-02, 11:19 PM
The road from Northampton to Silverstone is mainly dualled now but there is 1 speed camera on it about a 3rd of the way there. Watch out for the camera warning signs a bit before it.

May nip over to see you all at Billing on Sat evening :D . If not will catch you all at Trax.