PDA

View Full Version : XE being a d1ck

CoupeUK
29-04-08, 03:13 PM
Picked the Nova up from having its idle control valve and CTS cleaned up, drove it back (25 mins @ 70mph) and all seemed fine. Got in it this morning to go for a razz to the jetwash, didn't want to run right from cold but when it warmed up all seemed fine. Left it running while I jetwashed the outside, it started hunting after being sat idle. Then it cut out so I restarted her and left it again.....ran for about 3 mins then hunted and cut out again. Tried to restart but it would only turn over and not fire.

Had it picked up, bought it back to work and then attached it to a jump pack so I could try getting it to go. Still nothing ???? Disconnected jump pack but now theres no ignition or power to the whole of the car.....!!!!

Im not very mechanically minded so if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to look for would be appreciated! Failing that, anyone close to Watford that wants to earn some beer tokens by means of having a look for me?

craig green
29-04-08, 03:57 PM
I would say its an earthing issue for it to be dead.

The hunting is likely a bad ICV (but you cleaned it), duff CTS sensor (change it & inspect the 2 wires on its plug), small air leaks on the hose between AFM & TB. Check for cracks, loose jubilees & check the rubber O'ring below the SFI box for leaks.

CoupeUK
29-04-08, 04:40 PM
I would say its an earthing issue for it to be dead.

Fixed that, loose neg battery terminal lol

I'll look into the others tomorrow when works not so busy.

Cheers

Philsutton
29-04-08, 06:41 PM
lol school boy error that, my money is on an air leak after the airflow meter and sfi / power cap.

CoupeUK
29-04-08, 07:16 PM
So an airleak around the AFM to SFi could cause it not to start?

mulletor
01-05-08, 12:47 PM
yeah any airleak after the afm will give you running probs.have you got the gasket on the bottom of the sfi box, or the afm to sfi box rubber maybe even where the icv comes out of the bottom of the inlet manifold.
they are all common places to leak.

chimp007_uk
01-05-08, 02:22 PM
if you need a hand or two this weekend, give us a shout... i'm back :)

CoupeUK
01-05-08, 07:56 PM
if you need a hand or two this weekend, give us a shout... i'm back :)

Stick your head in when your free if you dont mind mate.....please!!!

;)

MC
02-05-08, 06:49 AM
Could water have got into any connection when you jetwashed? My Cav GSi did the same when water got into the AFM after being valet cleaned.

Dod
02-05-08, 09:27 AM
Take off the plug leads and Distributar if it has a dizzy and not a coil pack, spray in a load of WD40. Failing that, try the crank sensor as well.

When you Jet washed it, did you wash in the Bay?

Have you a spare ICV you try?

CoupeUK
02-05-08, 04:37 PM
Could water have got into any connection when you jetwashed? My Cav GSi did the same when water got into the AFM after being valet cleaned.

It only cut out when I had started jetwashing the boot so I doubt it mate.

Paul

CoupeUK
02-05-08, 04:39 PM
Take off the plug leads and Distributar if it has a dizzy and not a coil pack, spray in a load of WD40. Failing that, try the crank sensor as well.

When you Jet washed it, did you wash in the Bay?

Have you a spare ICV you try?

Its coilpack. Crank sensor was all gummed up and has been replaced a few days ago. Jetwash didnt touch the bay. No spare ICV, although it was cleaned few days previous.

Paul

Dod
03-05-08, 11:33 AM
Ok, try the connection on your crank sensor, it may be loose or wet.

CoupeUK
03-05-08, 07:59 PM
Sorted thanks to Chimp007UK off here.

Fuel Injection relay full of water!!!!!!!!

Cheers for all your help with this!

Paul

ste porter
03-05-08, 09:08 PM
is your relay not inside?