PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Retro games..

scott.parker
29-04-08, 12:27 PM
Machines, and whats your all time fave retro game(s)

I dug mine out and put them on this bathroom shelving unit i bought lol

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1366/28042008329smallfh9.jpg

Nes, Mega Drive, Snes, Dreamcast, N64 (jap), xbox.

got my ps2 on the pc table, and Ive also got 2 ps1's and Amiga500 and few hand held things somewhere lol

noknok
29-04-08, 01:18 PM
Ahh the good old snes, I got hold of a jap import version before the snes launced in uk donkeys years ago - the 'super famicom' whatever did that mean !?

boyle_46
29-04-08, 01:33 PM
ahhhh the NES ive been looking for one for along time now , i have a game from my childhood think it was a egg called dizzy the adventurer was schaweet also have afew of thoose huge cheat cartridges kicking about might go rigg up my mega drive and play streets of rage of shinobi the nija game lol , altho alltime favourite is a n64 game zelda .

Jack
29-04-08, 02:22 PM
Shinobi on the Master System FTW lol

I keep meaning to hock up my old N64 and play some Goldeneye :D

NovaLad
29-04-08, 02:24 PM
Omega or however you spell it ROCK MY SOCKS!!!

I have 2 up in loft!!!

Steve
29-04-08, 02:35 PM
Shinobi on the Master System FTW lol

I keep meaning to hock up my old N64 and play some Goldeneye :D
Goldeneye on a two player is always a good laugh, ive still got the original master system somewhere, ps one ps2 and a handheld neogeo.

SpellBot
29-04-08, 03:08 PM
Omega
o·me·ga
[oh-mee-guh, oh-mey-, oh-meg-uh]
–noun

1. the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet (Ω, ω).
2. the vowel sound represented by this letter.
3. the last of any series; the end.

Amiga
computer
A range of home computers first released by Commodore Business Machines in early 1985 more (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/amiga)

scott.parker
29-04-08, 03:36 PM
Got Revenge shinobi on MD, and Goldeneye's best played in 4 player pissed as farts lol

fave n64 games are mario, and mario kart multiplayer.

NeoGeo, rich boy eh lol lol

ade
29-04-08, 11:37 PM
I'm addicted to retro games - being an 80's teenager I grew up right in the middle of the home pc revolution!

My pc is stuffed with retro games, emulators etc! I love em!

Been collecting some old consoles but have pretty much all the games on emulator now (faster to load and all in one place).

Atari 2600 woody
Atari 7800
Dragon 32 (my 1st pc - love it!)
Spectrum 128k (with the massive metal heat sink on the side!)
Amiga 500+ with memory expansion and a wad of games
Sega Game Gear

If youre really into retro games - try these sites for some amazing remakes -

http://www.abandonia.com/index.php
Good selection of remakes

http://retrospec.sgn.net/games.php?gamelink=42&lastview=full

Has the best remake of Head Over Heels you will ever see as well as games like Exolon, Cybernoid etc, Atic Atac etc and recently finished Alien 8!

R1CH
29-04-08, 11:50 PM
Atari 2600

Still got my Atari 2600 hidden away somewhere, along with my GameBoy and Super Nintendo !!

:cool:

novacabrio
29-04-08, 11:57 PM
SNES was always my fav, used to get Total Nintendo magazine!! Made by the same people who now do Total Vauxhall, favorite game was Pilotwings or another one I cant think of the name of but it was good, scowering ebay now for it

Edit: The game I think was called Another world

Matt2107
30-04-08, 08:43 AM
Goldeneye rocked!!!!

NovaJackie
30-04-08, 09:00 PM
lol i had N64 and sega mega drive, both awesome lol

and i used to have one of those Amstrad things, came with a keyboard and a joystick? ha ha it was **** though lol

General Baxter
30-04-08, 09:04 PM
duck hunt with the shoulder mounted bazooka lol

Mazz
03-05-08, 10:28 AM
I got an Amiga 500 (with 2mb upgraade!), SNES, Megadrive 2, Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX, 360.

Don't really use them, apart from the last 2 as the games are never as good as you remember..

Mike
03-05-08, 10:58 AM
Got Revenge shinobi on MD, and Goldeneye's best played in 4 player pissed as farts lol

fave n64 games are mario, and mario kart multiplayer.

NeoGeo, rich boy eh lol lol

Diddy Kong Racing on N64, legendary game! lol

What was that game called where nearly all the levels were identical to Goldeneye, but the screen was in like polarised kinda vision when you use the remote control rocket launcher? (Could use controller to fly the rocket etc)

Bestest Goldeneye gun - RCP90 :D

TIDGE
03-05-08, 12:10 PM
Goldeneye rocked!!!!
best james bond game ever

noknok
03-05-08, 09:31 PM
the games are never as good as you remember..
Agree with that to a point, in my opinion you got to have started your gaming way back zx, atari or earlier to really appreciate the latest consoles, and still some of the new games will send you to sleep compared with some retro stuff with amazing playability. I still get sweaty palms thinking about the end of level swarm on Akari warriors or commando or is that just me !!lol

Nova_Tek
03-05-08, 09:51 PM
best james bond game ever

^^ have to agree ^^

Me and 3 other mates used to go over to my friends house for "exam revision" in between exams lol

4 of us playing Goldeneye on a big screen tv at the time, it was sick, we used to have so much fun. Felt a bit guilty but still managed to get 10 A - C's :D

Those were the days

Dan
03-05-08, 10:01 PM
I suppose you could call them retro, my idea of retro gaming is........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOMY-TRONIC-TOMYTRONIC-SHARK-ATTACK-3D-RETRO-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ230246506550QQcmdZViewItem

I had a few different ones of those when i was a pup, other than that i still have my original mastersystem somewhere i think and a few konami games from my old amstrad 464 and bits and bobs from my old spectrum (dont ask why i still have them i have no idea, they are probably fubar anyway lol)

djshaggeh
03-05-08, 10:32 PM
WOW^

I had one of those, I'd tottally forgotten it until I looked.
I had the old zx spectrum too, I had the floppy disk style one and a good friend has the tape deck style one. Then I upgraded to the old master system II with alex the kidd built in and then the snes.

Ah happy carefree days where my only vice was computer games.

Snes favs:
UN squardron
Zelda - a link to the past
Super Metriod

ade
04-05-08, 01:10 AM
those handheld games were ace - I remember galaxy invaders, pac man and the little lcs watch ones with kong on them!

brilliant!

edit : in fact - the very same!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-GALAXY-INVADER-1000-HAND-HELD-GAME-SPACE-INVADERS_W0QQitemZ250241966636QQihZ015QQcategoryZ7 19QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mazz
04-05-08, 10:39 AM
I had one of thos Tomy things, was a space invaders type game iirc

And does anyone remember these, i've got 2 somewhere!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-NINTENDO-GAME-WATCH-OCTOPUS-BOXED-V-RARE-1981_W0QQitemZ130218158053QQihZ003QQcategoryZ50221 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tom_beverley
05-05-08, 12:01 AM
I always liked Road Rash II on the Mega Drive, just something good about riding a bike whilst whirling a chain above your head lol

The first machine I had was an Amstrad, but I was that young I can't remember what any of the games were called!

rednova
08-05-08, 02:19 AM
just dug my snes out the other day -been playing the original jap sf2 cant believe people payed £80 when that came out on import lol also got 2 ps1s, megadrive, mega cd, dreamcast - well underrated, gamegear - did have a saturn, n64, gamecube, xbox, and ps2 - i think thats it lol