View Full Version : turbo problems

vauxestate
26-04-08, 11:36 PM
right im helpin my mate fit his turbo in his nova but we abit stuck
any help will be grate pls

1. any1 got a wirerin diragam
2.how do we go about fitin the oil cooler intercooler an rad
3.refittin the antyroll bar we runnig a 6speed box

might add more but all i can think of for now an if any1 got pics or how to's pls post bac need to finnish car off asap
cheers:thumb:

big dee
26-04-08, 11:39 PM
afaik, you have to lower the arb, you can buy kits off chrisastley...

vauxestate
26-04-08, 11:44 PM
wot duz afaik mean an we got sent out every ting to fit a turbo chrisastley but no instructions so kinda stuck

vauxestate
27-04-08, 12:05 AM
pls any1 waitin to get info to finish

Mike
27-04-08, 12:34 AM
Fook the ARB off totally, its a waste of time. Oil cooler is a bespoke mounting jobbie (as in the cooler itself) as for a wiring diagram its pratcially the same as an XE

vauxestate
27-04-08, 12:54 AM
Fook the ARB off totally, its a waste of time. Oil cooler is a bespoke mounting jobbie (as in the cooler itself) as for a wiring diagram its pratcially the same as an XE

iv been tolled if i take off the arb it will undrstire like a bitch plus the tie rod bar catch's the gearbox an wot rad do we use an any pics will be grate pls

vauxestate
27-04-08, 01:54 AM
pls any1 need to get dunn

mulletor
27-04-08, 10:36 AM
no that is crap. i would leave the arb off but get yourself a strut brace .

what problems you got with the wiring. send a picture of your loom and whats the problem and i should be able to help.

the oil cooler goes wherever you can put it
the rad is tight

and you just gotta do what you gotta do to fit the intercooler

vauxestate
27-04-08, 11:26 AM
right ok also do i need to get longer pipes for the turbo an wot header tank do i use sorry for all the Q's but really wanna finish this

Philsutton
27-04-08, 12:07 PM
take the anti roll bar off, its shockingly bad anyway and if anything leaving it on will make it understeer more. Ive never ran one an ive never built one that has had one on either.

Depends what you use the car for with regards to the oil cooler i dont run one an like above have fitted one to anyones, if its going to be a pure track car then I would fit one but anything other than that its extra mess / weight in the engine bay.

Intercooler a rad set up depends on what rad / intercooler you are using there are so many different ones you could use to be honest.

Also easist option for header tank is a cav / calibra one as it has two top inlets and means you dont have to gypo a T piece into the turbo.

mulletor
01-05-08, 01:07 PM
i would still use the nova header and take the turbo return and put it into the bottle . then take the hose from the inlet manifold next to the alternator and t piece it into the turbo return near the bottle as poss.

what you got with your wiring.
pm me if still have probs.

Stuart
01-05-08, 01:50 PM
Dont text type. Thankyou

Philsutton
01-05-08, 04:42 PM
i would still use the nova header and take the turbo return and put it into the bottle . then take the hose from the inlet manifold next to the alternator and t piece it into the turbo return near the bottle as poss.

what you got with your wiring.
pm me if still have probs.

IMO I wouldnt T-piece those pipes as one is a constant flow and the other an overflow

Lee H
01-05-08, 07:31 PM
Tie bars need lowering at the front crossmember and also fitting on the bottom of the control arms at the wheel to clear the F28.

vauxestate
02-05-08, 07:02 PM
any1 got any pics of wot pipes to t-peice pls

Stuart
03-05-08, 08:28 AM
last warning on text typing.

vauxestate
05-05-08, 01:03 AM
^^^^^^ sorry i dont do it on perpuss its how iv been learnt to whright

Stuart
05-05-08, 08:37 AM
no its not, you arent taught to be a cretin at school (its your own choice to become a fool)

Philsutton
05-05-08, 09:21 AM
and the fact that you have spell check on your computer that you are clearly using to write with makes it that little bit more retarded.

vauxestate
05-05-08, 04:05 PM
i dont use this site to argue so sorry if iv upset anybody its pure habbit so i will try an wright proper