PDA

View Full Version : 20XE differences...... now thats a PROPER title

dan_nova_1987
26-04-08, 11:21 PM
hi all again just wanting a little advice. i no ile probley get some stick lol
ime just wanting to no what the difference is between the 2 redtop engines. ive seen the one where the dizzy is off the front right hand side of the engine (as your looking at it). and the 1 where its furter back a little box type thing. just needing to know whats the best engine e.g power,reliability, best peformance i dunno lol just interested!! thanks dan

novacabrio
26-04-08, 11:25 PM
you need to look at learning to spell mate before looking at differences in engines

dan_nova_1987
26-04-08, 11:32 PM
cheers!!! antidisitablishmentarianism!! dunno what it means but its a real word lol thanks for the tip

Stuart
27-04-08, 09:42 AM
tbh any Xe/Redtop (2.0 that is) are all the same in terms of "power/reliability etc"

Mazz
27-04-08, 10:09 AM
One is a dizzy and the other is a dis-pack - not much difference between them really...

SpellBot
27-04-08, 11:42 AM
antidisitablishmentarianism
an·ti·dis·es·tab·lish·men·tar·i·an·ism [an-tee-dis-uh-stab-lish-muhn-tair-ee-uh-niz-uhm, an-tahy-]
–noun

1. Opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, esp. the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.

Philsutton
27-04-08, 12:01 PM
Main difference is the dizzy / coilpack, however theer isnt just two types of the XE, youve got about 4 that I can think of at the moment.

Early 20XE - dizzy, no lambda sensor and some small differences on wiring loom, i.e the back ICV / Knock loom which isnt seperate

Early C20XE - still had a dizzy but this time with a lambda sensor, a seperate wiring loom for ICV and knock sensor.

Late C20XE - used a coilpack, had a few extra sensors like air inlet temp and camshaft sensor and different injectors (very slightly flow more than the early ones), and of course it has a difference exhaust cam as it now doesnt need to run a dizzy but a cam sensor instead. Has a smaller airflow meter and a different throttle body that has no wedge on it and a such uses a different throttle position sensor.

Astra GSI C20XE - Some of them had traction control and as such had a second throttle body underneath the original one, basically it works by shutting this when you start wheel spinning even if your foot is all the way down.

And of course you have the small differences in engine loom and ecu depending on what car it came in, i.e astra GTE's have the fuel pump relay next to the coil in the engine bay and use a different plug to connect to the car loom that a cav / calibra.

To be honest though these changes are small and arent going to much hardly any difference between them, there is also lots of things I forgot but that will get you going.

Also to add, the early an late ones had different cambelts (square an round tooth) with different pulleys and cambelt cover.

dan_nova_1987
27-04-08, 07:48 PM
thanks phil. helpful advice. and lol at spellbot sorry, plus cheers for changing my title who ever it was!!!