PDA

View Full Version : Springs turning when jacked !

lucusade
31-08-02, 10:21 AM
Hello people.

Major f**kup in the mot, not only did the guy bring bag a list longer than me nans monthly shop, but he also brought back this problem that he can turn the suspension springs when the cars jacked up !!

Ive spoken to some mates and they reckon zip ties are the way to go, and i've spoken to the place i bought em from, who are going to talk to the supplier on monday (1hr after my re-test) :roll: !!

What im wondering is, has anyone else had this shitty problem, and got any ways of getting round it ??

Ive got Puma Suspension and Springs (3 months old !!!)

Talk about ruin my weekend :evil: !!!!

Cheers people

ade
01-09-02, 09:17 PM
are the springs designed for the shocks?

If they are and theyve been fitted properly then you shouldnt be able to turn them. Make sure they bolts to the shocks have been set to the right torque.

This usually happens when the springs are shorter than the shocks (they dont fit properly). Being able to turn them means that they "could" fall out.

ade

sidney
01-09-02, 09:35 PM
I've driven various Nova rally cars on the road with tarmac suspension set up (lowered at the rear) for years the rear springs have always dropped out when the car has been jacked up. to get round this just fasten the top and bottom of the springs with thick zip ties.
ps I've never had an mot failure due to loose springs [/b]