PDA

View Full Version : PV show 2008 camping

Gabbo
26-04-08, 12:23 AM
came last year to the show and want to camp this year but live up in the lakes. just wondered what time abouts do the gates stop taking money for camping so i can work a time out to set off?
thanx :)

bigbened
26-04-08, 10:22 AM
i would try to get there earlyish mate as it fills up quickly. However there are other sites close by.

mikey14sr
28-04-08, 09:04 PM
Gates usually open at 2pm on the saturday, camping costs about a tenner I think.

Get there at 5 past and you'll be sat in a mile long que.

sh0rty
29-04-08, 06:19 PM
I want showers and electric hookups lmao

mikey14sr
29-04-08, 06:22 PM
I want showers and electric hookups lmao

Pod - no chance!

Billing - toilet/shower blocks ain't bad at all untill 9am, hook-ups available in some fields.

bigbened
29-04-08, 11:13 PM
i got there well before 2 and i got a camping ticket/into the field im sure i did? or am i?

edit
Just wondering did anyone see me last year i was in the grey nova sr lookey likey with a coupple of crappy blue tents next to it. I did have a walk about round the "novaload" happy campers but there was not many present (at the time i was there). I will be there this time round in a cough cough renault cough 5gtt because my new project is garaged, ps i know i will look a **** but at least i will be camping lol

feel free to give me abuse about the froggy crap

ade
29-04-08, 11:20 PM
camping ? whats that then?

Why pitch a tent when you can sleep in your car!

lol Anyone know of any decent travel lodges nearby? lol

Dave.
29-04-08, 11:30 PM
Holiday Inn Northampton
Tel: 0870 400 7214
Fax: 0870 400 7314

we stayed last year ad we are again this year. brilliant and very very cheap lol..plus smashing grub :thumb:

Riggy
29-04-08, 11:46 PM
but camping is half the fun lol

CoolTiger
29-04-08, 11:51 PM
hmm holiday inn £15 a night or field £10 a night hmmmm

ade
30-04-08, 12:43 AM
pmsl - get best of both worlds - go to the site early evening then head back for nice warm hotel fot a kip!

Stuart
30-04-08, 08:19 AM
sleep at chez CP/MC.... all the convinience of a hotel with the comedy of staying with petrol heads lol

Jack
30-04-08, 08:20 AM
but camping is half the fun lol
Camping is more than half the fun IMO. If I had to stay in a hotel, I wouldn't bother coming - the main attraction of PVS for me is being able to have a laugh and a drink with fellow PNGers, I really couldn't give a rats backside about most of the cars there. Being Vauxhalls and all that lol

I think Mike might want a bigger tent this time though lol

Lynsey
30-04-08, 08:48 AM
Well the wife and I will be staying in a hotel, he wouldn't have it any other way and TBH I'm on his side now too. It's awesome getting a good nights sleep and getting to wake up and have a shower :p

Lee
30-04-08, 10:11 AM
Sleeping in the back of the van is where its at lol. Although this year ill be in my business partners Vito, which has spent most of its life carrying building rubble and concrete :)

Deep joy.

ANDYRACER
30-04-08, 10:21 AM
Camping-£10
Travellodge-£15
Drunken P.V antics-Priceless. :thumb:

Jim
30-04-08, 10:25 AM
sleep at chez CP/MC.... all the convinience of a hotel with the comedy of staying with petrol heads lol
Hmm, not a bad idea, will pitch that to CP. Could fit quite a few beds in his workshop/barns, lol.

All for a reasonable price of course, lol.

sh0rty
30-04-08, 09:29 PM
ltns Jim, since I overtook you at GoKarting :D See it's gone off your avatar :P

Hotel for £15 a night? bargain. But im camping at Pod with all the nutters it seems :)

Lynz, shower and straighten my hair for me in the morning will you, bring me all bagged up and ready :D

Jim
01-05-08, 10:45 PM
ltns Jim, since I overtook you at GoKarting :D See it's gone off your avatar :P
I don't know Shorty, you don't come on here for ages and when you do, you start telling these silly lies, lol. I shall have to have words with Kev about your disorder, lol.

Will catch up with you at PV (if i'm allowed to visit the stand, lol)

ade
02-05-08, 12:41 AM
Sleeping in the back of the van is where its at lol. Although this year ill be in my business partners Vito, which has spent most of its life carrying building rubble and concrete :)

Deep joy.

You've got plenty of time to sweep it out and retrim it in tiger skin!

meow!

ste porter
02-05-08, 12:50 AM
well lets put it this way anybody who misses the camping exsperience is missing 70% of the whole pvs exsperience!

last year was just amazing what a nite i dont remember going more than 5 minutes without beeing in tears of laughter

Stuart
02-05-08, 07:24 AM
and this year you will behave better :p

Mike
02-05-08, 07:28 AM
I think Mike might want a bigger tent this time though lol

lol i got conned big time with that phucker! 4 man tent my @rse lol lol 1 man me thinks!! Not that i even paid for it, and its now been made into a fridge of some sort along with the mighty Corsa it was left (left in since PV may i add!)

This year (if im there) i will mostly either be sleeping in a Cav, an Astra or possibly a brothel....i mean tent lol

Alex.
02-05-08, 10:11 AM
Waking up at half 5 am to see Damper with a can of Stella - priceless:thumb:

craig green
02-05-08, 10:15 AM
Well the wife and I will be staying in a hotel, he wouldn't have it any other way and TBH I'm on his side now too.

Spoons? :p

Camping FTW.

Adam
02-05-08, 05:38 PM
Waking up at half 5 am to see Damper with a can of Stella - priceless:thumb:
I dont think he ever put a can of stella down lol

sh0rty
02-05-08, 07:24 PM
I don't know Shorty, you don't come on here for ages and when you do, you start telling these silly lies, lol. I shall have to have words with Kev about your disorder, lol.

Will catch up with you at PV (if i'm allowed to visit the stand, lol)

LMFAO :D I didn't even realise I overtook you till I came off and got told. That karting was fantastic fair play, well enjoyed driving them.

ste porter
02-05-08, 07:55 PM
yes i will be behaving abit better as im going to be running the strip all day so wont be drinking untill the evening

Mike
02-05-08, 08:49 PM
I dont think he ever put a can of stella down lol

lol to true! I picked Damper up 24 cans of stella from the whole salers prior to leaving mine, and gave him a couple of cans of Fosters/Carling when i left on Sunday afternoon lol lol

Gabbo
02-05-08, 08:50 PM
how much is it to go up the strip and which day can you go up sat or sun??
do u need any docs to go up it? :)

dave_bates
02-05-08, 09:00 PM
Hi All, Ive only just become a member so havent got tickets with the club but i am going anyway:D. Are you in a club campsite or the general public one? meaning will i be able to get anywhere near you witout an a4 piece of paper in my window?:confused:

Riggy
02-05-08, 09:13 PM
LMFAO :D I didn't even realise I overtook you till I came off and got told. That karting was fantastic fair play, well enjoyed driving them.

that was a ****ing brill day up @ chris's

Lynsey
02-05-08, 09:34 PM
well lets put it this way anybody who misses the camping exsperience is missing 70% of the whole pvs exsperience!

last year was just amazing what a nite i dont remember going more than 5 minutes without beeing in tears of laughter

But you have never shared a hotel room with me... :p

Sh0rty- Give us yer wig and I'll sort it for you lol

Adz The Rat
03-05-08, 07:43 PM
Im camping there, it was great fun last year haha