PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

AlexW
25-04-08, 08:45 PM
Ive got a Big problem.
Im going to be changing my engine, the engine was an injection but is having a carb and im not willing to start drilling my head to find that the cam dosnt have the bit for the mechanical pump.
Im not sure what pressure pump i need nor where i should get one from...

I know that it has to be Low pressure and low flow.

Cheers

Adam
26-04-08, 07:12 PM
What carb you running

What engine

Philsutton
26-04-08, 07:36 PM
You dont have to run mechaincal pump, you can get electric ones that designed to be used carbs.

AlexW
27-04-08, 09:31 AM
What carb you running

What engine

Its a C14Nz with a carb from another 1.4

You dont have to run mechaincal pump, you can get electric ones that designed to be used carbs.

I know thats what im asking, what pressure pump do i need and where is the best place to get one.

Philsutton
27-04-08, 12:03 PM
It only wants to be a couple of PSI, you can set that with a regulator though. Some thing like a facet one would to the job

AlexW
27-04-08, 12:12 PM
It only wants to be a couple of PSI, you can set that with a regulator though. Some thing like a facet one would to the job

Its finding one though, ive been looking for one thats 2nd hand maybe, its only for my road nova.

General Baxter
27-04-08, 12:14 PM
just get your self on ebay and buy a 1.4 sr cam carrier/fuel pump/cam

sorted then pennys aswell lol

im sure there was a complete 1.4sr top end with new gaskets for 99p on there a few days ago

AlexW
27-04-08, 12:17 PM
just get your self on ebay and buy a 1.4 sr cam carrier/fuel pump/cam

sorted then pennys aswell lol

im sure there was a complete 1.4sr top end with new gaskets for 99p on there a few days ago

i nearly brought it but had no way for picking it up.

ill just give up at this rate

Adam
27-04-08, 12:48 PM
Why youve removed the Spi system and fitted some old carb is beyond me anyways.

Anyway, you need a low pressure pump(a facet red top would do), and a press regulator to bring the pressure down to 3-5psi.
I do hope youve replaced the distributor and coil with carb items too, because there different to the spi ones. Spi dizzy doesn't advance timing, it just tells the ecu where on the rotation the engine is.

Adam*D
27-04-08, 05:02 PM
I have a quite new facet 5/7 psi inline electric fuel pump for sale if thats what your looking for?