PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 gte engine conversioon

Damo
25-04-08, 03:05 PM
ive now got my 1.6 gte engine the wiring loom that i have has 4 wires that need to be connected the wires are:
thick red
black
green
blue
where do i need to wire these to the car is a 1.2 single point injection someone mentioned that i would need to connect a blue/red arie to the pump but shouldnt mine be straight form the ignition. the engine is out of a 1988 car so i would have to chnge the coil is this a further problem if not i have the coil for it anyway any help would be appreciated.
cheers damen.

Riggy
25-04-08, 03:19 PM
if the loom plugs into the coil it should be fine

you will need to uprate the fuel pump though as the spi wont be good enough , get a mk3 astra mpi pump it will just replace yours without any mods ,

as for the fuel pump wire you need to connect it to the current wire in your car which goes to the pump, not the ecu

Damo
25-04-08, 03:23 PM
cheers for the info mate i know that the pump needs to be uprated but the loom i have has no blue/red wire on it and it wont plug into my coil as the plugs are different. the only wires that i have are the ones which unpluged from the gte loom which are:
thick red
black
blue
green
the blue and green go to coolant and rev counter respectively i think but mine has no rev counter but where do the others go to cheers damen.

big gra
25-04-08, 03:34 PM
im in the middle of wiring my new gsi engine into a 1.2spi aswel. you should have got a new coil with your engine, the old coil plugs into the car loom but you dont need that anymore, your new engine should have its own small loom which has the ecu, injectors etc on, your new coil will plug into that along with the dizzy.

on the loom plug the thick red wire needs to be connected to a constant live, ie the battery. the black wire needs to be connected to an ignition live, you can find one on your old coil, small black wire.

thats as far as ive got, i connected my fuel pump up via the old relay to the battery just to get it running.