PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Help needed

Ben (lurk75)
30-08-02, 05:43 PM
Right just thought my engine was about to blow up! (wouldnt be a suprise)
But when i got home i had a look and to the left hand side as you look at the engine from the front (next to Cam pulley) there is a little cast metal block thing bolted to the main head of the engine, it has two bolts holding it on and a pipe feeding into it.
This had come undone and fell into the cam belt and was knocking a wee bit :oops:,
What is this and will i be ok to drive it with one bolt in for tonight as havent got a 11mm bolt and need to get to the club for work???

Just need a simple yes or no or to know what it is!

ade
30-08-02, 11:52 PM
fucking hell m8 - thats yer fuel pump!!! Dodge as hell if its come off!

It Has 2 hoses on each side - one goes to yer carb!

Think theyre 2 13mm nuts one above the other! How'd it come off? Theyre usually bolted on dead tight! Has a ceramic gasket thing seperating it from the engine

Mine fcuked up the other day too - theres a spring bit that goes into yer engine block and feeds off something in there. It draws fuel from the tank to yer carb - think the connection to the block helps create the pressure to suck the fuel up.

U can get a new one for ?15-ish from most motor factors - 10 min job to fit - bottom nuts a little fiddly coz of the cam casing.

:o

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
31-08-02, 12:46 AM
yeah that makes perfect sense! sounds like the jobbie, dont know how it come undone although not suprised somethings got to give when being driven at full revs 100% of the time. i will get a new bolt in the morning and bolt it back on properly. (well maybe)
Am quite interested what will happen if it comes off. lol

Aragorn
31-08-02, 01:05 AM
it will stall from lack of fuel :)

im surprised its still pumping fuel if its hanging off

oh well

Ben (lurk75)
31-08-02, 04:02 PM
right just been out and done the fuel pump back up after spending hours scratching round looking for a bolt (i am sooo tight).

Also just replaced the door lock as supplied by "the big Ade garage" (only a month later)!

Poor little car dosent know whats hit it, the longest ive been in it without being at max revs!