PDA

View Full Version : Water at work

Jack
25-04-08, 08:58 AM
There's a pipe burst down the road and afaik most, if not all, of the base has its water supply cut off. We've got no drinking water here, dunno about toilets. Don't really fancy laying one out then finding I can't flush the little package away :D

Are there any regulations that govern water supply to a workplace that I can abuse to my advantage and skive a day off? lol

Mike
25-04-08, 09:16 AM
Health & Safety at work states - You MUST have adeqaute wash and toiletary facilities :thumb:

You onto a winner. Pack ya' bags, yer off home early :D

Smurf-Xx
25-04-08, 09:16 AM
Yeah there should be, because you could become dehydrated from not having any drinking water and thats a risk to your health lmfao!! :D

Mike
25-04-08, 09:19 AM
As ghey as H&S is, its a legal requirement :D

H&S is soooooo ghey, it states "a fire extinguisher in full working order must be installed in all vehicles used on site" it also states "in no circumstances are you tackle a fire" lol

meritlover
25-04-08, 09:39 AM
yes HASAW regs 1974 say something re ..employers must allow employees to adequate supply of clean safe potable water...

Jack
25-04-08, 09:55 AM
Arr, just as I found the H&S regulations about it they turned the water back on. Bugger, lokos like I'll have to be here all day :(

Ho hum, at least I can have my work poo safe in the knowledge I can flush lol

Matt2107
25-04-08, 01:01 PM
Bit late I know but they also have to provide hot water.

FUSION X16XE
25-04-08, 05:20 PM
yes HASAW regs 1974 say something re ..employers must allow employees to adequate supply of clean safe potable water...

HASAWA (health and safety at work act) YEESSSS lol he got something wrong hahaha

Jack
25-04-08, 06:00 PM
HASAWA (health and safety at work act) YEESSSS lol he got something wrong hahaha
Not in that context, you wouldn't say "Health and Safety At Work Act Regulations" :p

FUSION X16XE
25-04-08, 06:28 PM
damn!! lol

dave.gsi
25-04-08, 06:39 PM
Ho hum, at least I can have my work poo safe in the knowledge I can flush lol

thats never bothered me before! if i have to go, i'm going, don't need to worry about water!

i've even layed a cable in a bucket in the back of the work van lol :D