PDA

View Full Version : Eco-Tec engine's

hc coupe
24-04-08, 11:27 PM
Have tried using the search icon but failed.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someones project thread where they used either a 1.8 ecotec engine (x18xe ) or 2.0 engine ......

would like to know about the conversion and tuning ........

thank you.

Also if these engines are a wasted hope let me know.

Thank you

NOVATAKER
01-09-08, 01:53 PM
Hi Mate, Look at my car on here.. i had an x18xe... small block, went in with the same shafts and mounts! Only thing that was a bit of a bastid was wiring.

craig green
01-09-08, 02:05 PM
The 2 engines mentioned are big block motors. Just see the advice for any 2.0 XE etc into Nova.

Basically its mounts, shafts & gearbox from donor vehicle. handfull of wires & injection tank, pump & lines.

Dod
01-09-08, 02:18 PM
Isnt Davy LC using one in the rear of his Nova?

TBH mate, you're better off with a 2.0 as the 1800 are only slightly more powerful than a 1600 whichis easier to fit if your 1800 is big block.

Adam
01-09-08, 04:05 PM
Hi Mate, Look at my car on here.. i had an x18xe... small block, went in with the same shafts and mounts! Only thing that was a bit of a bastid was wiring.
X18xe is big block, hence why you neeed mounts etc.

Theres a guy on here with a mint blue nova with a 2L 16v ecotec in, its in for sale section so take a look in there. Cant remember his username off my head

valverguy
01-09-08, 04:15 PM
IMHO, Trying to pick up a "good" red top these days is "almost" impossible, and is starting to make looking at the ecotech engines a possibilty!! They dont make that much less power, and lets be fair as we all know, no red top without a rebuild is putting out 150bhp, where as an ecotech is more likely to be putting out good power. I say people ought to start using them, i know my next project will involve an ecotech out of a late sri cav, i mean its only got 35k miles on it :O it would be rude not to, and the parts to rebuild etc are cheap as chips!!

tom_beverley
01-09-08, 05:06 PM
Theres a guy on here with a mint blue nova with a 2L 16v ecotec in, its in for sale section so take a look in there. Cant remember his username off my head

Thats Iain [Clean 2.0 Nova].

Theres not too much difference in performance compared with the C20XE as proved at the Brunters thrash.

Adam
01-09-08, 05:07 PM
Thats the guy yep :)

Andy
01-09-08, 05:09 PM
This thread is 5months old:wtf:

DaveyLC
01-09-08, 05:11 PM
I know its an old thread but the X20XEV engine is a brilliant block :) if you get the older simtec ECU (single conector) its a doddle to wire up.

NOVATAKER
12-09-08, 01:00 PM
X18xe is big block, hence why you neeed mounts etc.

So what is the Small Block Number?? Its been like 4 years since i had my nova, so please pardon me if i forgot the number. However it was a small block. It came out of a 18 month year old Vectra (1999) and only had done 6k miles. It is a good engine, however needs alot of alteration and money spent to get more power.

Inlet side is very restrictive and ECU is a sealed unit making it impossible to chip/play with. I think it would be a good little engine if there was alternative ignition/fuelling options and would make alot more power. however last time i checked it was all VERY expensive. Standard the 1.8 16v small block only puts out 120bhp.

DaveyLC
12-09-08, 01:53 PM
Inlet side is very restrictive and ECU is a sealed unit making it impossible to chip/play with.

Who told you that? lol

Sealed ECU's are even easier to play with than the chippable ones.. You can flash edited maps via the OBD port in a matter of minutes.