PDA

View Full Version : CUSTARD UPDATE

simon@novaheaven
30-08-02, 03:37 PM
ok, my mates got a nova shell that he will swap for my cat 1 alarm (the shell has one fitted already)

Th only problem is that its red, not very custard like so i gotta do the colour change, my respray will cost 100quid providing i can strip and prime the car myself and do any body mods i need.

Ok the thing i have to do now is to find out How to prep my car ready for spraying. Ill post it in Styling Forum too!

Heres some pics of the new Project Custard

http://www.cruisenorthwales.com/pic/saint/images/front%20pass.jpg

http://www.cruisenorthwales.com/pic/saint/images/thumbs/rear%20pass%20side.jpg

http://www.cruisenorthwales.com/pic/saint/images/thumbs/saint%20engine2.jpg
Its havin a full colour change to Dakar Yellow!!

Breeny
30-08-02, 05:55 PM
isnt that Saints nova?

carltoncrazy
30-08-02, 05:57 PM
i know im probley mad,
but if thats a gd nova,just drive that,

Ben (lurk75)
30-08-02, 06:03 PM
b
l

Tilly
30-08-02, 06:11 PM
That looks a nice motor

Ian
30-08-02, 07:26 PM
yes its saints car, he bought a suxo

ade
30-08-02, 11:41 PM
alright m8, just rebuilt my car so if yer need help ref prep, let me know - got tons of stuff that will help ya!

Can point u in the direction of some ruddy good books too that give practicle hands on easy to follow guides too!

Ade
:D

simon@novaheaven
31-08-02, 04:46 PM
Well dont to Breeny for spotting Saints (or ChrisVTR as he doesnt want to be called saint anymore lol) He had probs with the Nova and got pissed off with it resulting in Me getting a mint condition nova to do yet another rebuild into for the price of an alarm which the shell in question all ready has (the wheels have been sold and any other standard bits are goin in the bin)

The paintwork is very very good on this car and has been kept immaculate by Chris who even used to take the bumpers off to polish behind them! Im having the car resprayed because i really like the yellow paint on the nova i have now (the dakar yellow is an awesome colour) and because i dont want everyone sayin "aint that saints nova" with the additional fact it would look like dec burkes nova (which is mint) but i want somethin different!

Also thanx to Ade and for the tips and thanx to Micky who has saved me sanding the whole car down and priming it all over. :D

Simon

Breeny
31-08-02, 05:16 PM
Should look pukka mate, let us all know how your getting on :)

simon@novaheaven
31-08-02, 05:28 PM
cheers breeny

if it all goes well i should have a mint little old skool motor that will look like

http://www.cruisenorthwales.com/pic/sy.jpg

except the bodywork will be spot on on the rebuilt one :D

carltoncrazy
31-08-02, 06:35 PM
look i know im gonna get right raged on for this coment.
so its my opion,
red nova looks close to mint.mint novas a pretty hard to find.
why dont you just leave it as it is.keep it mint
and find anther sheel for yours,
its just a shame to do that to a nice nova thats all

simon@novaheaven
01-09-02, 10:24 AM
im spraying that one cos it is mint! i dont have to spend any money on it to be welded or repaired. i can just spray it to match my old one and thats that. There are loads of red novas about already

Ive spent the last 10 months doing a full rebuild on every part of my nova bar the shell. Now ive been told i need to reshell it or weld it. Welding would cost to much and a can have it resprayed top quality for 100quid. Bargain

I know its a shame to ruin the nova but Mint novas are hard to find as your said, finding another one for practically free is gonna be even harder.

I see where your comin from but i want my dream nova! :) This is a quick cheap easy way of doin it!!

Simon

Ian
01-09-02, 03:58 PM
do it yellow, its what you want and imo will look better, plus you can use the doors wings bonnet bumpers etc off the yellow one.

carltoncrazy
01-09-02, 05:21 PM
i my be saying sumthing
dumb but he cant use his bonenct wing/tail gate as the chances are there gonne b slightly different colour./
or am i talkin shit?
take ya point to many red novas

simon@novaheaven
02-09-02, 09:33 AM
if i use the old doors, bonnet, tailgate etc i dont have to spray the insides of the panels as they will be visable from the inside saving loads of time plus my doors are delocked and the tailgate smoothed!!

ade
02-09-02, 11:20 AM
na - not a dumb comment hayzsr - he will have a slightly diff coloured yellow - however if these bits are mint as far as spraying goes, all hes godda do is key the top coat and just spray over it - providing the prev paint system is compatible with the new one - otherwise he'll need to use a barrier layer 1st - or just sand it right back.

Alternatively - you strip all the good bits off the old shell and store them - that way should the unthinkable happen and he either crashes/dents a panel or ruins one during prepping, youve always got some spares in a the correct (+ or - a bit) colour

Ade

simon@novaheaven
02-09-02, 01:29 PM
good point, im gonna use the old doors etc as they have been pro delocked and the tailgate smoothed, ill stick my red ones in the attik

The whole car is bein redone so i shouldnt have i different colour!

Is a good plan though!!