PDA

View Full Version : Twin webers

Anonymous
01-11-00, 12:17 AM
What sort of power increase would i get from putting twin weber 32/34 on a 1.4 sr engine. + how much power from webber 40's as well. If i fitted 4o's would it drink petrol really Bad, coz i want it 2 be quick, but i cant afford 2 run it if its gona be really bad!

Anonymous
01-11-00, 01:10 AM
I am only going off what people have told me but by putting twin 40's on you can expect upto a 30 BHP increase, but yes as you can imagine it will be really thirsty!

Anonymous
01-11-00, 08:58 AM
I can't remember how much mine was, I have a 32/34, give nova tech a call, 01753 645626. They should be able to supply and fit them.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 10:15 AM
I,ve heard of people putting 40's on and been realy pleased with the power increase, but for an everyday car you will have to put up with the high fuel consumption I've heard figures as low as 15-12 mpg quoted! The best option is throtle bodies and mapped ignition, but this will set you back about ?1500+ unless you can find some second hand, with this you will get the power(and more torque) but the fuel consumption will be much better.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 12:04 PM
This high fuel consumption business is rubbish. If the 40's are set up correctly they should use no more petrol for the same amount of horsepower. If your getting 15 MPG on an otherwise std(ish) engine then your a) Driving around with the throttle nailed to the floor all the time and b) you've got the carbs setup wrong. I had a 130+bhp Nova on twin 40's which did 12mpg on a rally stage, and thats revving the nuts off the thing and driving harder than you ever will on the road.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 12:44 PM
Andy T is right the 40s will need setting up on a rolling road to get the best out of them. The 15-12mpg was an estimate of the worst you could expect, a friend quoted 12mpg to me after a hard run to York and back, It cost him about ?20+. After this he changed back to the injection system. This was on a 1.6 GTE.

Anonymous
01-11-00, 06:54 PM
Well also it depends wot ur going to tell ur insurance company!! If u are going to tell them i'd check how much sticking twin webers is gonna cost u. Twin webers do use a bit more fuel than standard, but 32/34 weber does aswell. I would put full exhuast system + twin choke 32/34 webers + shrick cam. This would cost a bit less than twin webers, but wont be as fast. I would say get a GTE conversion for around ?500-600 all in and fitted instead of twin webers if u want that much power.