PDA

View Full Version : rollcage

DAN-F
23-04-08, 06:33 PM
where can i get a custom rollcage knocked up, i want something like this one,

http://my.frooition.com/070297/images/mk4cage.jpg

i knw for one for a mk 2 golf and one for a mk 4 golf cheap, would they be anywhere near or be able to be modded to fit my nova

Mike
23-04-08, 06:35 PM
I hope you have a nice deep wallet ;)

General Baxter
23-04-08, 06:37 PM
and a will lol

DAN-F
23-04-08, 07:03 PM
got a claim due haha
this one is only 148 quid brand new on e bay but they only make em for golf's

Adam
23-04-08, 07:11 PM
There show cages and would do more harm that good if you were in a crash.

DAN-F
23-04-08, 07:19 PM
i dont drive it often anyway i cant affors to , ive got my other nova for everyday use, only a 2 ltr in that one,
they got to be stronger than not having one at all, i know not as strong as steel

Iain
23-04-08, 07:27 PM
I don't drive mine often either so I filled the interior with venomous snakes.

Adam
23-04-08, 07:29 PM
i dont drive it often anyway i cant affors to , ive got my other nova for everyday use, only a 2 ltr in that one,
they got to be stronger than not having one at all, i know not as strong as steel
Strength isn't really a positive of a show cage, in a crash it would probably just split and spear someone through the head......

DAN-F
23-04-08, 07:50 PM
aluminium is gonna have to bend a fair bit before it spits

Mike
23-04-08, 08:01 PM
aluminium is gonna have to bend a fair bit before it spits

The worrying fact is, aluminium bends with a LOT less force then steel. Aluminium is incrediby malleable in comparison to steel aswell :thumb: therefore it wont keep its rigidity under load/force.

This is why show cages are just that, show items. And offer a grand total of fcuk all rigidity/structural strenght or increased safety.

General Baxter
23-04-08, 08:02 PM
for about £40 more get a steel rear omp one :)

DAN-F
23-04-08, 08:15 PM
The worrying fact is, aluminium bends with a LOT less force then steel. Aluminium is incrediby malleable in comparison to steel aswell :thumb: therefore it wont keep its rigidity under load/force.

This is why show cages are just that, show items. And offer a grand total of fcuk all rigidity/structural strenght or increased safety.

but how many cars are there without a cage at all got to add a little strength over a standard car,
thats not what i wanted it for anyway

Ash
23-04-08, 08:25 PM
probably not, its just another piece of metal flying around in the car in a crash. Link (http://www.ussautomotive.com/auto/steelvsal/basicfacts.htm)

What do you want it for btw? the 'look'? lol

DAN-F
23-04-08, 08:53 PM
just for the look car barely gets used few hundred miles a year to and from shows,