PDA

View Full Version : How to finish off my Nova???

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 05:46 PM
Right fed up with it now whats the best way to get rid of my car!

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 06:08 PM
give it 2 me.lol
cars dont last a secound wiv me wivout sumfing going rong
hammer then fire gd way

Mr Dan
29-08-02, 06:11 PM
How about taking all the good bits off it to sell on, then dump it in a quiet lane somewhere and report it stolen??? You could do both of the above too??? But I didn't tell you that.

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 06:24 PM
yep if ya breaking give me a shout.
take gd bits n report it stolen,
thought ur was a sweet 16v?
why the hell u reckin it>?

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 06:47 PM
my car is my life but im caught in a vicious circle, it wont run so its on the road and cant tax it cause MOT's up and cant MOT it due to it not running, was thinking of stipping it a few months back but just cant do it. Cant do an insurance job due to not having an MOT so its not roadworthy so they will give me about ?20 if im lucky.
Some guy says he can get it running but needs the wiring diagrams from the engine donor and the GSi and Vaux want over ?60 each and my ex misses who works there wont answer phone to me. The guy who is willing to work on it says the haynes manuals diagrams are sh*te (wich i quite agree with.

This had been going on for bloody ages now and have lost all my faith in it!

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 07:55 PM
thats a shame ,
iu intrested in selling?/swap

ade
29-08-02, 09:05 PM
whats up with it? Haynes wiring diagrams are pretty good - if you can get yer head round them.

No chance of buttering up some local garage and renting some space till u can do it up?

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 11:07 PM
No all the garages i know round here are always booked solid, there is about a 2 year waiting list on our council too! there is a off road patch about 30 yards from my house that people put un taxed cars but when i go away it would be stripped bare (they probably take the paint)

It was parked in west wales for 2 months where it had the convercion done in a barn in a field about 10 miles from anywhere, then i got a call from the guy doing it saying he wanted it shifted cause he had never seen so many novas going up and down the lane!

It only does need the wiring to be sorted and it is a bloody maze on this engine as its an ecotec. The guy who done the mechanics of it couldnt read the Haynes ones so i had a look! Fcuk that they have got every model engine on one page and they are tiny!
Also struggled to find someone who will finish of someone elses work but as i say this one guy will and he wants the proper daigrams! i cant argue with him as he is doing it cheap anyhow.

With regards to selling it, i would NEVER get what its worth to me. I have decided this so when i come back next year it is being used as a second car and i am going to go daft with it and just make it stupidly fast, and very unreliable!

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 11:13 PM
lurk got an idea,top of my road,is a conciel car park.i got a few non runners in there and well fi ya wanna leave it there then ya can,jus leave a a key to get the steering lock off.
but i no loads of places round here you could park it,
one legally.
im in milton keynes,well outside it in the country,
crime doesnt exist here

brian
29-08-02, 11:14 PM
ohhh didn't realise its an ecotec! oohhh wiring with them is very SH**E, a m8 of mine had awful grief with his eco Cav last year. it went wonky for no aparent reason. eventually a friend of mine sorted it. he has a mobile diagnostic setup and had the fault found in 20 min!. but before that my m8 had tried everything and was on the verge of throwin it away.
sorry for yer troubles! don't giv up. :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 11:16 PM
LMAO so that isnt you that posts aboput one of your mates getting there car pinched nearly every week??? LOL

Im glad i live outside Bristol in a small village as otherwise all the little boys would be round having a free for all! All the local boys stay well away from it!

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 11:20 PM
lurk theres only 3 ppl in my villiage under 25,1 a sexy 18yr old which......fuck me come n get me hunney,and a virgine(sorry u didnt want that),but since i got a blonde already,shame.
no my mates live in milton keynes,i leave my car unlocked,its never been nicked,never shut windows in my house etc,
if ya want to dump it round here then fine

jon_boy
31-08-02, 12:52 PM
2 part sugar, 1 part weedkiller (sodium chlorate i think) pack it in a metal tube, light it and run!!!!..............he he :onfire:

Aragorn
31-08-02, 01:19 PM
couldnt u switch it over to carbs and throw the injection system to fuck??

that would prolly be a far easier way to get it running but im not suer if u can drop twin 45's on an ecotek engine :/

Ben (lurk75)
31-08-02, 03:58 PM
that has crossed my mind, but.....

It is a bit expensive for me at the moment with my holiday coming up + would completely destroy any plans for what i was doing next spring to get it up around 200BHP!

I have managed to drag a few cars round and put it on a driveway now so it should be ok. (still get lary as have to walk past it to get in the 1.2)

Aragorn
31-08-02, 10:48 PM
what were u planning on doing?

throttle bodies?

no point sellin/trashing it just cos it doesnt run man

give it some time and it will come together eventually

carltoncrazy
31-08-02, 11:44 PM
no ur all rong,
i wanna crush it with the range rover,
lol
nah i wont not that creul

Ben (lurk75)
01-09-02, 01:16 AM
throttle bodies were an option i have been considering, i have got a lot of parts to go onto the engine already but just want to get it up and running before i go away.
Have got a full plan for the engine that has been put together by a number of diffrent people with diffrent opinions who have all decided that this should be quite reliable and pretty quick.
I want to keep the main parts of the plan a bit quiet as i know there are a lot of 1600's going into novas at the moment and want mine to be a bit different.
:roll:

carltoncrazy
01-09-02, 05:31 PM
ok i no this sounds stupid,but hey mycomments r according to certian ppl.
lurk75 y dont u jus do that to get it a MOT so u can leave it on the road

Ian
01-09-02, 10:54 PM
speak to dicko or ste

dicko has 1.6 16v hes done and ste knows his wiring

crispy pancake
02-09-02, 11:19 AM
Just torch or dump the little shed. It is the only respectful thing to do.