PDA

View Full Version : yes i have anther zorst problem,plez every read

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 05:42 PM
right
one 1.3 sr.my car,
ive been told i have brought a GTE mainufold and a GTE downpipe,+ashley system.
right got everything together and the system about 2inches to short to connect to the downpipe and is about 10degrees off..
at first i thought,yeh wrong system,but it fits excatcly coz it goes round the gear box and curves right forrear axle.
so i think the system fine but i could be wrong.
right i got the downpipe from supernova so before i go back to them i wanna check with you lot.
so what could this be wrong downpipe?????
so please help coz im stuck and my and my girlfirend no have no car,NOT GOOD.
if i got pixs can people identify these parts.?there on the car so you can see wot i mean.
help.

rob.slader
29-08-02, 07:03 PM
Exhausts can be right buggers if you get different bits from different manufacturers like you have. They usually make one full system for a car, then the seperate bits they make slightly different, so matching them is a nightmare. I had a similar problem wit a magnex 4 branch fitting to a magnex full system, the flanges didn't match up and like yourself, angles were slightly diffferent from the downpipe. I had the help of a mate to sort this, but it required cutting and welding to be done. If you don't know someone who can do this, take the car with what you have to someone like Powerflow who make up exhausts from scratch, they should be able to make up the required length / angles of pipe for this to all fit together.

rob.slader
29-08-02, 07:07 PM
Exhausts can be right buggers if you get different bits from different manufacturers like you have. They usually make one full system for a car, then the seperate bits they make slightly different, so matching them is a nightmare. I had a similar problem wit a magnex 4 branch fitting to a magnex full system, the flanges didn't match up and like yourself, angles were slightly diffferent from the downpipe. I had the help of a mate to sort this, but it required cutting and welding to be done. If you don't know someone who can do this, take the car with what you have to someone like Powerflow who make up exhausts from scratch, they should be able to make up the required length / angles of pipe for this to all fit together.

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 07:53 PM
my welding is fine,
im thinking of doing that but i wanna make sure theres nothing stupid before i cut it up

rob.slader
29-08-02, 08:04 PM
You should be able to sort it easy then, don't sound like you have missed anything obvious.

P.S - I didn't post two replies, something weird must have happend!

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 10:17 PM
fuck i better go find some tube then