PDA

View Full Version : wheres all the novas for sale anymore??

s14a
22-04-08, 11:54 PM
anyone notice in the last 6 months the lack of novas for sale on here anymore?? there used to be some lovely cars for sale on here, i even bought a few of themlol
the days of loggin on and seein a nice gsi for sale is long gone, extinxtion must be nearing:confused: ...
ebay has a few from time to time but alot seam to return on2 it soon after, pistonheads is another good spot but generally on here theres none??
im on the lookout for a mint standard gsi and am prepared to pay the money for one but theres none around...

Matt
23-04-08, 12:12 AM
Just have to bide your time. I'd say theres still a good few out there.

Also people tend to sell cars more during the summer so you may come across something in the upcoming months.

craig green
23-04-08, 01:10 PM
Absolutely nothing in this months Total Vauxhall aswell.

Most Novas seem to be ready for the scrap heap or owned by enthusiasts these days.

Gone are the days when you used to see them regularly on the roads. Hit the motor ways & go on a journey & youre lucky to see one IMO.

hendrix
23-04-08, 01:12 PM
I agree, I saw a brown schaloon the other day and a hatch about 2 weeks before that. Altho there was a miami blue 1 litre tonking down the motorway last month hehe. I do about 1k miles a week too

craig green
23-04-08, 01:14 PM
I reckon Morris Minors are more popular tbh.

Though I heard a car earlier through the office window, my brain said (thats an XE Nova!) I leapt up to have a look, but missed it.

Gave me the urge to fire mine up...... Sounded nice.

Jack
23-04-08, 01:58 PM
I saw a burgo brown A reg coupé the other day, parked up on the side of the road. Looks pretty tidy, although I suppose the advantage of brown is you can't see the rust as bad lol

tom_beverley
23-04-08, 02:22 PM
I saw a burgo brown A reg coupé the other day, parked up on the side of the road. Looks pretty tidy, although I suppose the advantage of brown is you can't see the rust as bad lol

lol

Tis true theres hardly any on the roads recently, I get all :gay: and excited when seeing one because they're that few and far between round here!!

I noticed that too pal :(

CoolTiger
23-04-08, 02:28 PM
always about 30ish novas on ebay
10ish on autotrader
80ish on pistonheads
and a few on here :)
just keep looking and the right bargin will come

craig green
23-04-08, 02:38 PM
I saw a really tatty G reg 3-dr in a dark Blue yesterday.

Dented to fook drivers wing, really crusty back arches & a 1.2 8v sounding more like a push-rod Fiesta motor.

Giving it death along Taunton's Toneway (dual carriageway) (RJ will know)

L33 LEG
23-04-08, 02:42 PM

Most Novas seem to be ready for the scrap heap or owned by enthusiasts these days.

Gone are the days when you used to see them regularly on the roads. Hit the motor ways & go on a journey & youre lucky to see one IMO.

i see them all the time around here, me and my mate have bought most of them Lol but theres still quite a few. within a 10 mile radious i could probably think of at least 25 decent ones and theres loads of standard ones about!

AlexW
23-04-08, 02:48 PM
I see many around here in essex, many mint and standard, 2saloons ive seen, 4 door and 2 door, and many hatchs, im so sad now i can see a nova just by the roof line.....

alan b
23-04-08, 03:53 PM
and did any1 see the price of some of them? ive been on the look out for a nice gte and i cant find one anywhere

krobinson
23-04-08, 06:32 PM
and did any1 see the price of some of them? ive been on the look out for a nice gte and i cant find one anywhere

What about that red one for sale on here?

They are scarce now, and the value of them just keeps going up. Alot of them are falling into the wrong hands and being destroyed.

Keith

Lee
23-04-08, 06:36 PM
Whenever i see one its normally either an old person driving it, and its mint, or its been incredibly badly modified in some way.

Ive already tried giving 'the wave' when i see one coming the other way, and i have a 70% success rate lol

ben doodar
23-04-08, 09:51 PM
Theres a guy who is about 70 whos got a very mint mk1 1.3 sr 40-50k. The rear arches have just started to go a little bit though. i asked him if he would ever sell it, he said you must be joking lad, i wont sell that till some one puts me in a box!
Another guy, late 50s has a red mk2 1.4 sr in shiney shiney red, 36k THE best condition nova i have ever seen, he also laughed when i asked if he would ever sell it!

ade
24-04-08, 12:18 AM
yellow papers, add trader and even that freecycle site had a saloon recently.

I'm after a shed for PV...

GTE999
24-04-08, 12:26 AM
Theres an old boy where i stay that has a 4 door saloon in mint condition. even see him polishin it from time to time. I tried to wave to him but hes as blind as a bat but it doesnt stop me from waving when i see him!

Steve
24-04-08, 12:30 AM
An old granny round the corner from me has an absolute mint 4-dr saloon in brown, think its a b-reg, always garaged etc.. Again besides a few that are local to me they're just not on the road anymore.

Thankfully the chavs that used to own them have moved on to corsa saxos etc so at least whats left will be looked after.

Nova_Loon
24-04-08, 12:51 AM
ya i no wot you mean mate i bin looking for a nice sri for about 4mouths now and no one put nova up for sale on here no more it all ways pistonheads or ebay and most of than ant nice car thar are alkl got so much rust/rot on tham so come on start selling car lol

s14a
24-04-08, 02:10 AM
always about 30ish novas on ebay
10ish on autotrader
80ish on pistonheads
and a few on here :)
just keep looking and the right bargin will come

im talkin bout decent 1s mate

30 novas on ebay, most are poverty spec or just plan crap, rarely a buyable nova on it...

80ish on pistonheads, that a bit of a exageration now chap, alot will be sold and not updated and again alot will be poverty spec/ crap/ or projects or obiously badle built cars...

im after a standardish gsi lad, very easy get cheep xe that were built on your mates drivway after a few tins but decent cars a few and far between:(
not lookin for a bargain either chap, i dont mind the price its more the car i will look at, im looking for probably close to a year now

i can at this moment think of 2 sub 50 poverty spec minters close to my gaf but thats no use to me, i want a original gsi with low milage and no rot or weld and i dont mind payin 3k for it, i was laughed at for sayin last year that they would go like classic fords...

Stuart
24-04-08, 09:21 AM
all novas are poverty spec...... oh hang on you mean proper poor person poverty spec lol.

I've got a hankering for a tatty (but sound chassis) 1.4sri or either 1.6's to use as a mapping whore. But none are in my gypsy budget of £200 lol

s14a
24-04-08, 02:33 PM
even a rotten gsi will cost you the guts of 500 - 600 now because theres so much money to be made brakin them for spares, its gone beyond a joke lol

just vaux trev
24-04-08, 02:55 PM
same round here really most the novas round here have come through my hands at some point and tbh most of them i wish i had not sold as for example put an add for a mintish nova for sale you get a call and then some bad bwoy scruffy chav turns up and you know the car is headded for the scrap heap as soon as they pull off, but no more chavs will be entering any of my cars ifany turn up to buy cars off me now i will just slap them and tell em f/o

craig green
24-04-08, 03:07 PM
even a rotten gsi will cost you the guts of 500 - 600 now because theres so much money to be made brakin them for spares, its gone beyond a joke lol

I disagree. 1.6 SE 8v motors dont fetch much, your average torn & faded GSi interior might be worth £100 but I wouldnt want it, true the dash & door cards seem to pull good money, the rest of it is just run of the mill 3dr Nova hardware. The sporty models usually seem to suffer the most wear & rot in my experience, hence most GTE/GSi's arent worth feck all to me.

MK999
24-04-08, 03:38 PM
Sometimes you just need to really check out the details of them, I just got a mint mk2 K reg with badly faded paint off ebay for £230 :D genuine 40,000 miles on the clock and only rust on it is on one arch and a little spot in the engine bay. Not bad for a first car though. :) and Hi btw, just bought my first Nova lol

craig green
24-04-08, 04:01 PM
Welcome MK. Sounds clean. I had a drive in a 20k J reg Merit+ a friend of mine was given. Possibly the smoothest car I've ever driven.

nova_saloon
24-04-08, 04:19 PM
its true i dont see any Nova's around anymore not decent ones anyways! i saw a really rusty one the other day and bout a month ago i go past theese boys in a white nova going thud thud thud waving there arms at me going WAHAAYYY NOVA!!!! was quite amusing.

Jack
24-04-08, 04:46 PM
Giving it death along Taunton's Toneway (dual carriageway) (RJ will know)
lmfao, I used to hammer both mine up there each day on the way to and from work :D

s14a
24-04-08, 11:49 PM
I disagree. 1.6 SE 8v motors dont fetch much, your average torn & faded GSi interior might be worth £100 but I wouldnt want it, true the dash & door cards seem to pull good money, the rest of it is just run of the mill 3dr Nova hardware. The sporty models usually seem to suffer the most wear & rot in my experience, hence most GTE/GSi's arent worth feck all to me.

on here they only fetch 100e, look on ebay etc and you could get close to 2, on here youd get gsi skirts 20-30 quid, ebay regularly youd get 60 squid, just look at the money colin smith gets for his parts on ebay....

Mboasty
25-04-08, 12:04 AM
There was a mint original met black GSI on Autotrader a little while ago £2500 it was total origional all service history etc there are a few still arround but your right it aint like it was. Theres not much On Ebay at mo loads of unfinished projects etc, sods law as im looking for somthing sutable to re shell my old GTE atmo!

craig green
25-04-08, 04:44 PM
Supposedly mint cars with low miles can still be hiding something, panel repairs & such. Keith Robinson has stories of minters that were actually rotters.

twistysnovagte
25-04-08, 06:25 PM
funny you should mention this as ive now seen three new novas(j reg burgandy bottom half vynil black steels,blue k reg with vaux alloy,and a resprayed light blue k reg) flying around my area one of which may be mine(blue k reg with vaux alloys)owned by a young girl who will be giving it up as her mum is buying her a newer car its clean aswell,so im thinking of buying as a runnaround while i give mine some tlc.

s14a
26-04-08, 07:03 PM
There was a mint original met black GSI on Autotrader a little while ago £2500 it was total origional all service history etc there are a few still arround but your right it aint like it was. Theres not much On Ebay at mo loads of unfinished projects etc, sods law as im looking for somthing sutable to re shell my old GTE atmo!

there was a thread on here about that car, wasnt as mint as it was claimed:(

karl194
04-05-08, 03:21 PM
very good point since i bought mine id only ever seen 1 other which was a K reg 1.2 and then i was walking through Gravesend yesterday and i saw 4 in the matter of an hour 2 white GSI's a pretty shoddy 1.2i and a K reg 1.4i 5dr luxe jus like mine :)

Nevo
04-05-08, 03:28 PM
I have seen 3 novas on the road in the last 12 months a nice lambo orange one propper caught my attention in Blackpool a few weeks ago