PDA

View Full Version : Colour scheme on LET Nova

garethcolley
22-04-08, 10:26 PM
Hi all, in the process of getting my 1.2 8v converted to LET spec. Next job is to sort the exterior. Its currently standard MK2 exterior in flame red (full respray 3 years ago). Ive since decided to convert to a MK1 front end so have bought a nova sport front bumper/grill. This is my plan:

- Compomotive TH's 15"s (Satin Black)
- Window Surrounds (Satin Black)
- Sr Spoiler (Satin Black)
- Lancia Intergale Delta HF Bonnet Vent Flush Fitted (Satin Black but might colour code it)
- Nova Sport Front Bumper (Satin Black)
- Petrol Cap (Satin Black)

Not sure what to do with the GTe rear bumper, might just spray the bottom part black.

Do you think this will be too much of a contrast? Anyone got any other colour suggestions? Im trying to achieve a very sharp clean look without it being over powering. Thoughts??????

Cheers lads

NovaLad
22-04-08, 10:27 PM
I can see the contrast working between the satin black and the satin black and with the satin black it will look good because you have the satin black lol!!!!!!

oj

garethcolley
22-04-08, 10:30 PM
ha! lol It is a rather nice colour!

I can see the contrast working between the satin black and the satin black and with the satin black it will look good because you have the satin black lol!!!!!!

oj

The Simps
22-04-08, 10:55 PM
Satin black looks really good against the red! Best thing I ever done to my nova going from grey to black.

On my old red gte I sprayed the skirts and bumper skirts satin black and it looked so much fresher as a result. Almost modernised.

Ash
23-04-08, 08:28 PM
I know its mk2, but red and satin black FTW!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4244/img0791cd2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

Aamir
25-04-08, 10:30 AM
Black wheels is played out man, Comp TH's are nice wheels, get em' Diamond Cut ;)

craig green
25-04-08, 10:41 AM
Have to agree. Black wheels wont do it any favours.

Its only my opinion but, Vauxhalls shade of Red is well suited to the grey trim on the door handles, pillar viunyl & side skirts etc.

But I will say that The Simps' car & Ash's (above) look great with satin Black.

The Simps
25-04-08, 01:02 PM
I recenlty had mine all resprayed in a textured matt black so they're like what they are normally but obviously black. Looks so much better imo. Will get some pics tomorrow. Don't go black on the wheels tho.

Here's mine in satin black.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Photoshoot%20Day/DSCF0291resize.jpg

craig green
25-04-08, 02:21 PM
Great pic Simps. Car was ace!

The Simps
26-04-08, 07:17 PM
Great pic Simps. Car was ace!

New owner came and picked her up to day, he was so excited! Looks like its going to a good home.

Here's the matt textured black:-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/P4260099.jpg

garethcolley
27-04-08, 03:57 PM
Hmmm, thanks for the opinions lads. Ive been trying to find pics of nova's with TH's in black everywhere but to no avail. I have just got my rear bumper though, do you reckon i should spray the whole thing satin or just the bottom splitter bit? Also where can i get the lower valance bit that attaches to the bottom of the front cross member. Im gonna spray that.

RE: Simps, car looks awesome mate. Think im still gonna go satin. How come you sold it? This is the first time ive done an engine conversion, chris astley is on with putting a LET in at the mo. Ive never been in one, i hope its as quick as im hoping, its running around 260hp.

I think ill re furb one wheel in satin and another in the original compo white colour. Other than the diamond cut option i cant see any other colours working too well. Whats the reason behind people saying black wheels wont work? Too much black or simply cos its been hammered?

Cheers

The Simps
27-04-08, 06:24 PM
RE: Simps, car looks awesome mate. Think im still gonna go satin. How come you sold it? This is the first time ive done an engine conversion, chris astley is on with putting a LET in at the mo. Ive never been in one, i hope its as quick as im hoping, its running around 260hp.

I think ill re furb one wheel in satin and another in the original compo white colour. Other than the diamond cut option i cant see any other colours working too well. Whats the reason behind people saying black wheels wont work? Too much black or simply cos its been hammered?

Cheers

I like doing track days and its got to a point that I couldn't push the car too hard with fear of bending it. That and I have owned it for 7 years now!

You won't be disappointed with nova turbo mate! Boost is very addictive!!

As far as wheel colour goes you just can't go wrong with silver imo.