PDA

View Full Version : stand up for novas!!!!

Anonymous
29-08-02, 01:53 PM
http://www.cruiseboard.co.uk/newforum/post.php?action=reply&fid=16&tid=15589

Mr Dan
29-08-02, 06:24 PM
Nice one chip, some good points there. I think everyone here would agree you summed up the Nova nicely.

Tilly
29-08-02, 06:27 PM
well said chip :D

ade
29-08-02, 08:54 PM
thats actually a very nova friendly post - even the guys that dont have novas are positive bout them. So they should be - the 1st and only original hot hatch!

Ade
8)

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 10:45 PM
well if i make any comments of.................hmm how can i say it of a humous nature i get canned.
so this week i will be talking in CLEAR full english sentances.

i would go on there but here here
my surrport clear.

?Marty?
30-08-02, 02:27 AM
If someone slags them off, so what! They don't have to own one. If you like one you get one, if you don't you don't. Fuckin' simple.

Anonymous
30-08-02, 10:38 AM
the 1st and only original hot hatch!

Are you mad or something?

What about the mk1 golf gti?

although strictly speaking the first hot hatch was a converted mini cooper in the 1960s (a company did a few hatchback ones).

Did you know that a standard 1960s 1275cc mini cooper will actaully match a nova GTE up the quarter mile?

Novas are cracking little motors, but lets be realistic please, tehy jumped on a bandwagon started properly by the golf.

Chip

wisewood
30-08-02, 11:46 AM
as did the pug 205 and the fiesta ...

Anonymous
30-08-02, 12:01 PM
indeed, cant have lots of cars being the first, the title goes to the golf for first hot hatch, but only cause the mini cooper wasnt really a hatch, truth is the mini cooper was the first small car to be a giant killer though, and layed the ground for all the hot hatches we know and love today.

Chip

ade
30-08-02, 12:51 PM
god yeah I forgot about the vw!

:oops:

just remember seeing an old add for the 1st GTE which had in the title somethng about the 1st true hot hatch...

Saw an original VW golf GTi today - certainly looks its age but still mint!

Nova's the second hot hatch (IMO)

Ade

:)

Ric 16v
31-08-02, 06:02 PM
I read that long list of posts about nova's and they say that a nova sport wouldn't beat a pug 205 or a golf GTi, well if any 1 bought the july issue of total vauxhall and read about the white nova sport (the courtenay 1 which is now a 2.0 16v) when he was going to be picking tha car up after buying it, it got nicked and was getting thrashed to fuck and out run 2 fully kitted omega 3ltr V6's, yes thats right a 1.3 nova sport outgoing 2 3ltr v6's !!!! so I'm pretty sure if it can do that then I'm sure it would kane arse on a pug 205 gti or a golf gti !!!!! so the people that said it wouldn't stand a chance stand corrected !!!!! and there are alot of people out there that use nova's as a car for thrashing and nackering, i.e. getting them shit up to fcuk modifying the exhaust so they are well loud, it's things like this that are giving novas the bad name and most people from where I come from have now moved on from the nova and got a corsa coz they nackered the nova and they know if they drive the corsa in the same way it will be fucked in no time and this is what pisses me off seeing people driving around in novas that are near enough fucked and without a doubt when the first got the car it was a good clean runner and in good condition, say if a 17yr old lad/girl wanted a nova for a first car and there mum or dad saw one being thrashed around and being abused then they wouldn't let them have one and they would end up with a shitty fiesta, so my point is why get a good diecent car and just nacker it, my brother bought a 1.6 GSi and it WAS MINT not a bit of rust anywhere it's now set in the garage rusty as fuck and it is baisicaly fucked, but now he's wanting a 1.4 sri so he can put all his GSi bits onto it except engine, so if your wanting to thrash something use the corsa not the nova coz corsas are shit !!!!!!!

Ben (lurk75)
31-08-02, 06:09 PM
Hate to say it but the MK1 Fiesta XR2 was brought out on the X plate i belive maybe before and this was billed as a Hot hatch also so... the GTE wernt even second (even though there nicer)