PDA

View Full Version : Lost M.O.T slip.

NovaLad
21-04-08, 05:54 PM
I can't find my M.O.T slip from last year so i don't know when my M.O.T is.

I know it's this month and i'm sure i've missed it by a day or 2 or it's in the next 4 days ish.

My uncle does my M.O.T and said to get a new slip it's 10 pound which i don't mind paying but want to know when it is soon as.

Can anybody just find out over the internet when it is?

If i've missed my M.O.T can i still drive it to the garage or will my uncle have to?

If i have missed it and get caught out in the car what will happen?

Mike
21-04-08, 05:55 PM
If your uncle is an MOT tester, he will have acess to a computer, therefore he can find out your MOT expiry date ;)

If you get pulled and have no MOT, 9 times outta 10, nothing happens. If you get a producer, you have provide a valid MOT cert, failure to do so is an offence. But you'll get a £30 fine and thats about it. If youve missed your MOT, technically you cant legally drive it, but in the real world, you can drive it to an MOT test station......via your local pub/shopping centre/mates houses etc etc lol

adam c
21-04-08, 05:55 PM
yeah you can find out from the internet 2 mins ill find you the site

edit:already beaten to it belowlol

Welsh Dan
21-04-08, 05:57 PM
http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/

Smurf-Xx
21-04-08, 05:58 PM
You cant get done if you say your on your way to the mot place, so i've been told before... You don't need your old mot cert to get an mot done so just drive up to the garage and you'l be fine! :roll:

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:00 PM
MOT test number from VT20 MOT Test Certificate or VT30 Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate (failure notice) or
Document Reference Number from the V5C Registration Certificate issued by the DVLA.

Don't know what that is and don't think i have it.

Mike
21-04-08, 06:00 PM
In the Midlands you can drive around for 5 months with NO mot and never get caught for it lol

phazer
21-04-08, 06:01 PM
You have to have the car 'booked in' in advance at the test centre to be legit. Just had to do it with the Nova as it had no MOT or tax. You can't just drive to the test station :)

The rules state you have to drive straight there and straight back (if it passes) or straight to the repair place. No petrol stops, you arn't even supposed to stop on the way back to get tax.

Mike
You need your V5C ref number (top right of logbook IIRC) to get your MOT expire date then^

NovaLad
lol..

Your insurance is void without it.

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:02 PM
You need your V5C ref number (top right of logbook IIRC) to get your MOT expire date then^ Logbooks in car in garage lol

Mike
21-04-08, 06:02 PM
lol..

Your insurance is void without it.

Sounds like every other Wolverhampton driver then lol

phazer
21-04-08, 06:03 PM
MOT test number from VT20 MOT Test Certificate or VT30 Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate (failure notice) or
Document Reference Number from the V5C Registration Certificate issued by the DVLA.

Don't know what that is and don't think i have it.

V5C - the registration document, with you name on, you do have this, don't you? :eek:

Bung in your reg plate and the number off the V5 into that site and Roberts your mothers brother.

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:03 PM
The car aint registered to me ;) lol

Mike
21-04-08, 06:05 PM

So your not responsible for its MOT then, the owner is.

AlexW
21-04-08, 06:09 PM

You could get stoped for that too then...... if your a named driver on the insurance you can still have the car in your name.

Adam
21-04-08, 06:10 PM
Bit of fronting going on? :p lol

Rich
21-04-08, 06:14 PM
Bit of fronting going on? :p lol

Have fun when you want to insure a decent engine in a couple of yearslol

Mike
21-04-08, 06:16 PM
^ ditto lol fronting is not the best policy, neither is not knowing what date your MOT expired and driving around for 5months like i did with no MOT lol lol (The joys of first motoring lol)

Philsutton
21-04-08, 06:18 PM
MOT's are the biggest con ever, they are only valid for the day they were taken

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:19 PM
Well the bit i missed out was that it's registered to my uncles garage where the M.O.T gets done so it doesn't matter anyway. lol

I just aint bothered to re register it to me lol

Lee
21-04-08, 06:22 PM
3 Pages!!!!!!! and you said in your original post that you KNOW its due this month!!

Just MOT the fecking thing lol

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:24 PM
lol it's given people something to reply to for the past 33mins lol

I'm getting new slip tomorrow.

Dave.
21-04-08, 06:26 PM
and end.

FUSION X16XE
21-04-08, 09:05 PM

:thumb:

Saloony
21-04-08, 09:12 PM
Whats your point?? Thats fair game. You come in with your car with a set of wheels on, that you just put on cos the old ones had **** tyres, passes mot, you drive out, put the **** stuff back on and get pulled, done over by the fuzz... and go 'it was just mot'd'.

It was okay at time of test, its down to the owner of the vehicle to keep it maintained to a high standard.

Jack
21-04-08, 10:59 PM
Yep, thats Phil's point though. If you can tidy a car up for an MOT then make it back into a shed the next day, whats the point in having the test in the first place?

I suppose it keeps the worst of the rusting hulks off the road though, i.e. most Novas lol

goldengraham
21-04-08, 11:35 PM
lol, the MOT nearly saw the death of my nova but my kind hearted dad coughed up for me :D good old dad

NovaLad
22-04-08, 11:02 AM
Just been and got a copy made up found out the M.O.T isn't due till the 7th of may so booked it in early.

So my M.O.T is now booked in for next tuesday. (29th april)

Jim Mcrae
22-04-08, 01:58 PM
Just go in for an MOT, you can take them up to a month early and it doesnt start till the old one expires. I had 13 months MOT last year.