PDA

View Full Version : Tints?

phatt_nova
29-08-02, 02:52 AM
Just wondered if anyone knew of any good professional window tint workshops where i can get a reasonable price, i have already been quoted ?220 and dont know if this is a good quote. So if anyone knows of a better place etc in the south (Reading) then let me know, cheers.

Anonymous
29-08-02, 09:33 AM
220 sounds about right.

Chip

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 05:35 PM
Ask them if he would do it for cash, a guy i know got a VW Passat estate done for ?150 down here and they done a bloody nice job too!

ade
29-08-02, 09:13 PM
how deeps the tint? U could buy a second hand set of tinted windows for about that (if you knew where to look!) - I got a set of gsi green tine (only very light tint) for ?120 (after I busted some!) - including hatch and windscreen!

Supernovas.uk.com

Alternatively, you can get some good tinted film, but for best effect you MUST take windows out, fit tinted film, seal the edges with nailvarnish (yep!), then put windows back in - the the rubbers keep it in place. getting windows out (except windscreen which cant really be tinted) is pretty easy. I've seen how u get them back in too and its fairly straight fwd. Just a bit of skipping rope and some good old slapping of the glass - lol!

Ade

jon_boy
31-08-02, 12:55 PM
i just changed all my windows!! and it took a while to figure out how to do but u can do it with just a flat screwdriver. cept the onesin the doors, but they are even easier! want some very slightly tinted windows from a gte(i think thats wot they r from)?