PDA

View Full Version : driver improvment scheme

FUSION X16XE
21-04-08, 04:10 PM
:):) well to begin with im so frigin happy, most know about my prang in my nova and i have just got home and found a letter from the old bill, open it up thinking its going to be a court date or something but insted its a oppertunity to go on a driver improvement scheme :thumb: has anybody been on one of these? can you fail it and have to go court? what do they do? is it a test? thanks in advance :thumb:

Smurf-Xx
21-04-08, 04:24 PM
My mate crashed into someones parked car because he was drink driving and he lost his license and instead of going to court he had to do a driving course, i don't think you can fail, as long as you show them your capable of driving safely you pass. He got his license back a year later, no court fees nothing...:)

djbrowney
21-04-08, 04:57 PM
yes mate i have done this, you cant fail, or if you do you shouldnt really be on the road anyway lol you get to play with little toy cars and a little road just like you did when you were 2 lol just drive normally and you cant fail mate, its better than going to court :thumb:

FUSION X16XE
21-04-08, 04:59 PM
so its not a case of go on the corse and pass and thats it? clean lisence. they said they might do me for driving without due care and attention(months ago), so if i go on this corse i still get charged with above offence and have to do the corse? **** now im not so happy haha

djbrowney
21-04-08, 05:03 PM
i went on the course and never had to go to court thats the whole point of doing it :thumb:

djbrowney
21-04-08, 05:04 PM
if they have sent you a letter and you havent been to court yet then they are giving you the option do the couse or go to court mate :thumb:

Jack
21-04-08, 05:07 PM
Is that one of those things you get offered if you're nabbed for speeding, instead of taking the points and fine?

FUSION X16XE
21-04-08, 05:12 PM
sweet i think i understand now, do you have to go to court to get charged with something? if so then im sorted probs get a warning and slap on the wrists and yes i think so jack, which is good as i couldnt afford to have points on my licence.cheers djbrowney (are you a disk spinner mate?)

djbrowney
21-04-08, 05:24 PM
if you do the course mate you dont have to go to court, when you pass the old bill will just send you a letter say you have passed and no further action will be taken !
used to be a disk spinner but sold all my gear 2 finish my car a couple of years ago :eek: but when my new car is done will be getting back into it again mate :thumb:

FUSION X16XE
21-04-08, 05:31 PM
ahhhhhh fair enuf i understand now haha and yer you get some new equipment mate, speak soon.