PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe Vid

Dar
20-04-08, 08:24 PM
Forgot to post the vid in general as well :roll:
Not terribly exciting to watch but was very exciting in the car at times!!

I only went out twice and the second run was just a mess around thats not worth putting up. However it will forever be known as the muppet lapslol

Session1 @ 10:45 (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7437014813469746867)

trackdaynova
20-04-08, 08:27 PM
As said on your WIP thread Dar - top smooth piloting dude :thumb:

Lee
20-04-08, 08:47 PM
Bloody hell. I knew you were struggling but that looked more than a handfull! Especially with the vicious brakes :o Done fapping well to get it going at the pace you did towards the end!!!

Im thinking that the more we develop our setup for the dry, the less we're going to be able to go at any pace in the wet without having to do hours worth of spannering beforehand. Which in the wet isn't a pleasant thought. Especially if the days showery requiring even more fettling.

Dar
20-04-08, 08:55 PM
Been told to put up the muppet laps.
Muppet Laps (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2797134803123477901&hl=en)

The first spin was a try to get the thing sideways. I was a little too successful!
However the second one was a genuine mistake:tard:

Adam
20-04-08, 08:57 PM
Nice vids

Any ideas why the brakes were locking up?

Lee
20-04-08, 08:57 PM
Been told to put up the muppet laps.
Muppet Laps (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2797134803123477901&hl=en)

The first spin was a try to get the thing sideways. I was a little too successful!
However the second one was a genuine mistake:tard:

lol. By far the best footage of the day.

My noob overcorrection was amusing, at least now people know what olly was shouting about in his vid!! Im really gutted my cam didnt work in this session. I was all over the place forcing oversteer (not that it needed much forcing lol)

Im bitterly disappointed you didnt do a full 360! Must try harder!

Dar
20-04-08, 09:01 PM
Nice vids

Any ideas why the brakes were locking up?

Not really. But thats one of the reasons I wanted to test it before going to Combe. To find little niggles like that, but it cleared so im happy :)

trackdaynova
20-04-08, 09:02 PM
Awesome 2nd session video Dar!

We all agreed to go out for a muppet lap becuase it was so wet, and just to try and get some good footage of sidewaysness...

I got a little carried away and blasted off, which in hindsight I wish I hadn't lol

Lee - all I saw was you on the grass and I shouted to ben21 "Lee's off!!!!" lol

MC
21-04-08, 10:39 AM
Agreed about the dry setup. Cp's Nova was absolutely spot on for the dry (barring slow speed hair pins) but as we found out at llandow absolutely pants in the wet (hence meeting of metal with tyre wall) and without changing spring rates, dampers, tyres, geometry its never going to be very good.

Its absolutely awesome seeing so may really fast Novas out on track together. We need to keep up the momentum. One make series anyone?

MC

Lee
21-04-08, 11:26 AM
Have to say im really chuffed with the turnout this year. Hopefully when all the track novas come out of the build phase we can take over a trackday somewhere. That will be fantastic :>

Ernie
21-04-08, 11:30 AM
If you had started your camera a bit earlyer Dar you would of got a vid of me changing a clutch cable in the pit area lol.

craig green
21-04-08, 01:03 PM
I was delighted at the number of Novas present tbh. As you say Lee, by the time more builds are complete (does anyone meet deadlines anymore?) there should be some really good presence in the future for Novas.

scott.parker
21-04-08, 05:17 PM
Well im glad everyone (bar Ernie) had a a dam good day, im sorry i wimped out "again" but i though it was too much hassle to get Ernie to do for a 20min sesh in what looked to be wet conditions, im a bit annoyed though as i really want to get behind the wheel of my nova, i hope that Will enjoyed him self in place of me :-)

I shall get my trailer sorted and get my ass in gear!

Dar
21-04-08, 06:30 PM
If you had started your camera a bit earlyer Dar you would of got a vid of me changing a clutch cable in the pit area lol.

I did:D
I have footage of you running off and then running back waving a clutch cable as you golol

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:31 PM
Put it up! FTW

Dar
21-04-08, 06:38 PM
You really want to see Ernie run past and then wait 5mins and watch him run past again with a clutch cable?

NovaLad
21-04-08, 06:41 PM
Yeah it would make my day.

Lee
21-04-08, 06:42 PM
lol. Small things and all that