PDA

View Full Version : To Pearl Or Not To Pearl?

cassanova
28-08-02, 06:15 PM
As you can see from the pic, ive got a white novadosed SR on a J plate, im nearly finished doin the bodywork side of things now so im guna get a respray. The guy thats doin it for me (in exchange for signs) is suggesting adding in a bit of blue pearl to the white. Du reckon it'll look any good on my baby??
Ford

ade
29-08-02, 01:11 AM
m8's got a pearl cossie - blue tint in it - looks mint but fromt some angles its greenish and looks like its covered in shitty mildew moss stuff! :o

What about white with metalic fleks in it? Can you get metalic white? that yould be well weird!!!

Ade

Anonymous
29-08-02, 02:17 PM
Its a nova, it never going to look very impressive anyway, so spend your money under the bonnet instead and go out and kick some arse!

You can't polish a turd!

Chip

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 05:55 PM
That is b*llocks some of these people who do go full out for style rather than power pull of some amazing things, a lot of them arent my taste but they do look very smart! And can look very clean.

In my opinon i dont think the flip/ pearl paints look right on any small cars as the panels arent big enough to pull it off!

kevw
29-08-02, 06:11 PM
flips and stuff normally seem to look better on rounded cars

cassanova
29-08-02, 10:34 PM
CHIP: Not bein funny mate, but this is a Nova site, every1s polishing turds.

I'm just askin opinons cos the paintjob isnt really costing me anything, ?30 difference between straight and pearl and for that money there isnt a hell of a lot i could do under the bonnet.

Ben (lurk75)
29-08-02, 11:33 PM
No your right cass but think off what you could do ON the bonnet for ?30 with a certain proffesion! :wink: hhmmmmmmmmm
(i spent too long in Prauge)

cassanova
30-08-02, 10:06 AM
LOL lurk, hey. maybe if i got a good one i could pearl it myself, if u know what i mean :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
30-08-02, 05:48 PM
LMAO :P :lol: :wink:

i thought you wanted to spray your car not polish yer head!

locky
30-08-02, 11:39 PM
Wot u gota remember with pearl paint is that if u have a bump, u gota get the same pearl colour match! Who is spraying your car?
The bodyshop that done min e was quite good!

cassanova
01-09-02, 03:43 PM
locky: looks like im just guna have it straight white now, theres a guy in Fanny Street (any1 not in cardiff.... that is a real street name) that does classics, im guna do some signwriting work for him for a discount. Im expecting him to be pretty good, he's working on an old Aston Martin at the moment so im assuming he must be pretty good at what he does. :D Saw ya paintjob the other day btw. looks good, i'll bring mine down when its done.
Ford

ade
01-09-02, 10:59 PM
ne1 remember that flourescent yellow colour that some ford cossies came in in the early 90's? Theres a nova cruising about in glasgow in that same colour.

Its the same colour as the old banana flavoured Hubba Bubba chewing gum!

Looks well smart - if a little odd!

8)

locky
02-09-02, 05:11 PM
LMFAO
Fanny street, its a c**t of a place lol!
Thats wer heli beds r, next to the co-op!
(hence the radio advert lol!)
Hope they do a good job, wen uv ad it done, il meet up and av a look!

Ben (lurk75)
02-09-02, 05:17 PM
We go down Fanny st quite a bit and it always makes me smile... :P

cassanova
03-09-02, 07:48 PM
actually, its just off Fanny Street, they call it "Rear of Fanny Street", gives that extra little bit of amusement
:lol:
Ford

locky
03-09-02, 11:40 PM
lol, av u heard the heli beds advert?
"on the corner of crwarse road and fanny street, with free parking"
Nothing like a bit of free parking in fanny street lmfao every time the advert comes on the radio :lol:

cassanova
04-09-02, 12:01 AM
im trying to work out why they changed the name, beds direct makes sense, but heli-beds??? nutters. I'm gettin an office around the corner from you (locky) over the next couple of weeks, a lock-up type thing in the warehouse of furniture direct :lol: