PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it

carrie_girl_wonder
20-04-08, 09:32 AM
Last night at 3am my car got broken into. The passenger front window is completly smashed,the passenger door dented and scratched.Luckily nothing was stolen as my Dad was still up. So my dad went out saw the guy hiding in the bushes,was like why did you do that? the guy came out said 'ive something wrong with my head, i dont know' dad: well i'm going to have to call the police you've damaged my daughter's car' thug: dont do that *punches my dad* dad heads back to house guy chases my dad,luckily dad manages to shut the heavy glass door in our porch that we hav and the guy punches that,shouts more abuse and legs it.:wtf:

The police came and apprently theres been serval break ins matching the guys discription that dad gave.

I'm pretty gutted as i love my car ,and about my dad to,he shouldnt have confronted him but mind you if i had bee awake i wouldnt have thought about the danger i would have been to furious about my car.

police are coming over today to do forensics and stuff and mate said he might hav a window laying about which is a relief but still :cry:

Smurf-Xx
20-04-08, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear that... You will get it fixed though. x

Philsutton
20-04-08, 10:31 AM
It sucks, some dirty little gypo tried to steal both my corsas the other week by pulling the tops of the ****ing doors off. I mean if their main job is stealing things they are not very god at that let alone anything else.

I have a name of who did it Luke Monk, and police know its hime thats been doing it as the tool has been braggin about trying to steal novas an corsas in the local area by bending the doors off but I doubt nothing will come of it.

Im still drving it now with a screw driver in the ignition as I refuse to pay for repairs that some retard has done.

General Baxter
20-04-08, 10:33 AM
lol why did your dad not t w a t him back?

staggy_gsi
20-04-08, 10:33 AM
no way, thats sh!t. youll get it sorted though.

dread to think what id do if i caught someone breaking into my car, sounds like your dad acted in a rather calm manner to me lol

anyway, sorry to hear that....

Adam
20-04-08, 10:36 AM
Thats ****e news

Hope you sort it

sport
20-04-08, 10:37 AM

My thought exactly the guys says theres something wrong with my head i would reply to right, as i try to knock it right off his shoulders.

kevw
20-04-08, 10:44 AM
I think most Nova owners have experienced this sort of thing. The people that go around doing this need to be taught a lesson but you can guarantee they'll get away with it.

All I can say is that you need deterents so that opportunist thieves and them out looking for targets leave your car alone.

Sounds like you've got a relatively easy fix though, like Phil says you could have ended up having to find a new door (seems to be getting difficult for Novas now), a new steering column and sort out the rest of the dash and electrical damage.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

mowgli
20-04-08, 11:01 AM
i suggest you get a flash 'fun camera' & put it by the front door. this idiot will most likely be back & a photo of him will be pretty good proof for the police.

he should be shot

Jack
20-04-08, 11:25 AM
^ good idea that.

TBH, unless your dad was ready for a fight, I'd have advised him to stay indoors. Remember on the news a while back, that bloke that got killed when he interrupted some thieves trying to steal a car?

We keep a couple of hockey sticks in our house at opportunistic places. I'd have gone out with one of those and walloped him probably before he had a chance to open his mouth let alone swing a punch

spanishfly
20-04-08, 12:00 PM
Sorry to hear that! Up to last week I had a full set of nova glass. Two broke, so I dumped them all! :(

Philsutton
20-04-08, 12:32 PM
We keep a couple of hockey sticks in our house at opportunistic places. I'd have gone out with one of those and walloped him probably before he had a chance to open his mouth let alone swing a punch

We had a massive fire axe at our front door and the police saw it there, bascially told me if I was going to use it make sure it was used right. End of the day noone knows they are at your house trying to steal things, no one will miss them if they happen to just vanish.

trippin
20-04-08, 12:53 PM
hey there sorry to hear about that but at least you and your dad are ok. Its a tough one though- you have to protect your property but dont want to end up in trouble or get hurt yourself! Personally its one of my biggest fears finding someone trying to steal or damage or break into my car or house- the alarm was going off on my astra one night and i went out in the street alone with a huge meat cleaver! Dread to think what might have happened if i saw anybody! Anyway i hope you get it fixed soon and dont be disheartened! X

carrie_girl_wonder
20-04-08, 12:54 PM
yeh I fitted an alarm and an imobaliser but the alarm didnt go off :/

dad said if he saw him again hed know who it was as the police said they'd draw up a picture to confirm it as they have an idea who.

best go clean out the glass now :mad:

Philsutton
20-04-08, 12:58 PM
Another thing that I would suggest that all nova owners do is what I always do disable the engine manually, people have tried to steal my corsa loads of times but they have never been able to fire it up.

It takes like 3 seconds but remove something like the king lead or disconnect the ecu (or something else simple). IMO an alarm on a nova will not stop someone taking it from past experience.

End of the day if they reeally really want it they will get a truck an load it up that way, and then there is nothing you can then.

lj
20-04-08, 01:59 PM
needs a beating....

chimp007_uk
20-04-08, 02:30 PM
It's always ****... I had my car broken into 4years ago, prints taken the lot.. had a phone call a couple of months ago sayingthey'd found the guy, and asked if the name was frient etc... then had a phone call 2weeks later saying there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute. :wtf: :mad:

Trying to sort some glass atm... Mine's all GTE green tinted. Sods law... :roll:

You're ultrasonic senors need adjusting so they're more sensitive, and your sensors are fitted halfway along the front doors at the top, put them on the A-pillar cover the glass! :thumb:

Also, the police frown on retaliation... A mate of mine did the same to a guy breaking into his car, and they said the punishment would be more servere as there was no retaliatin of provoking. Maybe the Police will do their job properly for a change and things will get sorted! :wtf: :D

Ste L
20-04-08, 02:41 PM
It takes like 3 seconds but remove something like the king lead or disconnect the ecu (or something else simple). IMO an alarm on a nova will not stop someone taking it from past experience.

i agree with that, it help my previous nova being stopped getting stolen and joyridden, as it had no ecu..

even when it finally fitted an alarm, i still removed the ecu to piece of mind

paddy138
20-04-08, 02:45 PM
sorry to hear that, my woman got a phonecall from the garda this morning saying her car had been broken into, we were out last nite and left the car in the village, the just broke tha passenger window, they done four other cars aswell, like why the **** do they do it, there going to get f all anyway, and there is nothing worse than hoovering glass out of a car in the rain with the worlds biggest hangover

lj
20-04-08, 02:45 PM
i've removed my head....now drive it AWAY!!! also just thrown a full set of glass away!

Jack
20-04-08, 02:49 PM
Trying to sort some glass atm... Mine's all GTE green tinted. Sods law... :roll:
Ash has posted in the SW forum about a local scrapper having a GTE in it - might be worth asking if he can get ahold of the required glass for you.

bangerbrian
20-04-08, 02:52 PM
Last year, 6 cars got windows and lights smashed, one of them was a vistor to his mother!, Lucky my nova was in garage at time...

Nova_Loon
21-04-08, 12:27 AM
Sorry to hear that i no how it fells some c**ts dun it to my nova but had all my sutff a way all my subs and still dont no how dun it

chimp007_uk
21-04-08, 12:34 AM
window has now been replaced :) I "borrowed" a wondow for stubs and put it in this evening... Although, the little a**e bandit has properly dented the passenger door, right across the lower crease :( It's even bowed the door at the top where it meets the glass, so thee's now a gap. I didn't want to try and push it out incase it damged the door and paint. Atleast its safe... well safer :(

carrie_girl_wonder
23-04-08, 03:19 PM
man i need to replace the door,i swear i nearly went into shock when the guy was like well the top estimate to fix and respray is £555 as paint has gone up and the fact its metallic and if the new door needs work and hes gota blend in with the front arch panel,he was nice neough to pop out what he could but its basically mucked up,i used stronger wording though.had to go round my mates for a strong cuppa tea :( just not fair as i dont really have money to fix it,well i do but i'm going on holiday in June and i need spending money and stuff ,well sucks hardcore but it could have been worse *sigh*

Jack
24-04-08, 09:27 AM
What colour is the car?

Dod
24-04-08, 10:17 AM
I was to be charged for Assault on the Guy that stole my SRi Cav after i found out.

Carrie, I'm very very sorry to hear about that, hope it doesnt put you off the car.

carrie_girl_wonder
24-04-08, 10:28 AM
car is silver.

nah it doesnt, felt a bit weird first time i got in it and kept thinking that something was wrong with it when there isn't.just a bit guttin havin to fork out for something that I didnt do :( castle coombe if anything encouraged me more :)

craig green
24-04-08, 10:53 AM

Cos then he'd risk being banged up.

Obviously a retarded thief. Everyone knows the way into an old Vauxhall is not smashing glass, but ruining the door locks. :roll:

meritlover
24-04-08, 11:23 AM
i hope the scum bag gets a propper doing by someone else and doesnt just end up getting 'professional help' by some floater with a soft couch.

sorry to hear about your car. its a shame when its just mindles vandalism caused by some loony that shouldnt be alowed to wipe his own ar$e, let alone wander the streets in public.

~~joycey~~
24-04-08, 01:27 PM
thats ****! :( i've got glass if you still need it?