PDA

View Full Version : gte

Anonymous
31-10-00, 02:54 PM
i am thinking of getting a nova gte it was either that or an xr2i r the gte's quicker standard than the ford i also wanted to do quite a few mods brakes wheels etc..but i really wanted to get the engine up to abotu 130 or 140 bhp does any1 knowhow quick it will be with that bho and how much wil it cost and how do i acheieve it. i was thinking of getting it bored out 2 1.7 cam excust chip inductiobn kit etc or maybe even twin 45's i want to make a fast gte any1 help me?

Anonymous
31-10-00, 06:30 PM
OKAY MY MATE HAS HAD LOADS DONE TO HIS GTE AND HE REKONS IT WAS ROLLING ROADED AT 140HP

NOW I HAVE DROVE THIS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS V FAST INDEED. PICTURE THE SCENE

IM BLASTING UP THE ROAD AND THE SPEEDO READS 130 MPH, NOT WANTING TO BLOW UP MY MATES CAR I BACK OFF ONLY FOR HIM TO YELL FASTER FASTER FLOOR IT I ASKED HIM "WHAT BRAKES ARE ON IT 1ST (AS A ROUNDABOUT APROACHES)"
HE SAYS "STANDERD"
I SAY "FUCK" AND HAMMER HIS BRAKES TILL THE PEDAL NIGH ON TOUCHED THE FLOOR, HIS GOLF OFFSET WHEELS WERE MANGLEING HIS ARCHES AND WE ONLY JUST STOPPED IN TIME.
BUT IT WAS FUNNY AS FUCK!!!!!
HIS CAR STILL HAD LOADS LEFT AND HE REKONS ON THE SAME STRECH OV ROAD I DROVE ON HE CAN GET WELL PAST 130MPH

AS FAR AS I KNOW HE HAS DIFFERNT PISTONS,KN FILTER, 2.0 INJECTORS, REPROFILED CAM AND IM SURE HE SAID IT WAS A 1.7 OR SUMMIT OR NEAR ENOUGH

HAVE FUN

Anonymous
31-10-00, 07:07 PM
Fuck that. I wouldnt bother with that much power on a 1.6. I reccomend 2 paths u could take. For 115-120bhp.
1.6Engine
Scrick timing CAM (?175)
K+N (?60)
Peco Exhuast system BB2 (?150)
Or
140Bhp
Astra 1.8GTE engine (?200-300)
Modified cam ( not sure but around ?200)
K+N (?60)
Exhaust system (?160ish)