PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Vauxhall Nova 2.0 16v

gunny
19-04-08, 04:31 PM
For sale!!
1989 Vauxhall Nova 2.0 16v

I have decided it is now time to sell my pride and joy as i have projects coming out of my ears and this car isnt getting my attention anymore :cry:

Please read: The engine wiring loom has burnt due to a faulty earth which i have now fixed, due to this the car will not start, this isnt a major problem as they aren't expensive or hard to replace, around 50-60 pounds on ebay and they are simply plug and play, only reason i havent done it is that i dont have time or the money due to other higher demands, please dont let this phase you and read on!

Rundown on car: It started out as 993cc 8 valve pushrod engine nova, i bought it looking as it is but with the standard engine, as i wanted more power i decided i was going to fit the 2.0 16v redtop engine, using the correct Chris Astley motorsport engine mounts, engine bay was full stripped down, stitch/seem welded for strength and durability, then repainted. I fitted 2.0 16v calibra front brakes for better stopping power and uprated G&M suspension which works a treat (car handles very well) i have photographs of the full build of this car, everything was done propperly as unlike some people i value my life aswell as my car and wanted it to be safe enough to use as a daily driver, which i have done up untill recently with no problems. All in all this is a VERY fast and VERY fun car to drive and definitely not for the faint hearted, i have a rolling road printout to prove it of a healthy and strong 156bhp but at the time it was running rich and had a f*****d hall sensor, i have now fixed both of these problems and i should imagin it would be around 160bhp now, also while it had those 2 problems i managed to run a 14.5 second quarter mile at santa pod raceway (also have the printout for this) with budget tyres on the front.

Engine:

2.0 16v cavalier gsi 4x4 redtop engine (c20xe)

mantzel power cap

larger after market air filter

anphracite rocker cover

recent oil/filter change

stainless exhaust system modified to mate up with the xe manifold

Chassis:

lowered 60mm all round on G&M shocks+springs

15" cavalier gsi wheels painted in ford polaris grey with a polished lip

calibra 16v redtop front vented disk brakes and larger calipers

Bodywork:

rare and unusual standard 'Mexico Rot' colour

full nova sr body kit painted in unique one off custom colour

clear front indicators

smoked side repeaters

Interior:

full blue nova sri interior (recaro style front seats)

6 dial clocks (wound on to match cars correct milleage)

calibra 16v steering wheel

still has the 4 speed gear nob on (i though it was funny to leave it on at the time, dont ask)

Good points: Very fast, Very fun, quite economical on a long run, looks great (quite different to most chavved up novas) sounds beautiful, starts fist turn of the key with only slight tappet noise, taxed till the end of the month and im pretty sure it has mot for about another 5/6 months i will have to try and find the mot out, rare and unusual standard 'Mexico Rot' colour

Bad points: Drivers door was bent out on a failed theft attempt (see pictures), also the steering lock was broken but i will include a propper crook lock in the sale which is more secure than the standard steering lock anyway, i have already mentioned the loom has burnt, rear arches are starting to bubble (see pictures) it also has bubbling along the bottom of the outer sills and the bottoms of the front wings BUT NO ROT OR HOLES!! drivers bolster has medium sized hole, tracking is out slightly, few minor dents here and there but what do you expect from a 19 year old car!! CAR WILL NEED TRAILORING/TOWING AWAY DUE TO FRIED LOOM AND IT WILL NOT START, BELEIVE ME IVE TRIED!!!

£1000 ono

Photographs here: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/gunny07/the%20nova/

saloonwoody
23-04-08, 01:19 PM
pics ?

Count Vaux Alot
23-04-08, 08:23 PM
Thought this would have gone by now!

gunny
24-04-08, 01:22 AM
saloonwoody - pics are on the photobucket link mate

Count - me 2 mate but oh well, if it doesn't sell it gets broke, not fancy ding them wheels for me?

Count Vaux Alot
25-04-08, 06:06 PM
I can but i'm in the middle of doing some right now and i'm quite busy gettin the saloon ready for pv so i cant promise any thing, how would you get them to me?

thedjse
25-04-08, 06:14 PM
If you break it mate will have sr kit!!

gunny
26-04-08, 08:22 PM
I can but i'm in the middle of doing some right now and i'm quite busy gettin the saloon ready for pv so i cant promise any thing, how would you get them to me?

ah yeh sorry mate thats just my ignorance showing through :roll: if you could do them then i would drop them off to you!

car has made 1120 so far on ebay so im not breaking it :D (got it running now)