PDA

View Full Version : ARE WHITE WASHER NEONS ILLEGAL??

pugpower
28-08-02, 12:07 AM
well? :twisted:

My mate who owns a sunny gti-r got pulled for having red-uns but thats understandable really... then to make things worse the flith turned round and said, "But blue ones aren't illegal"!!!!

So you can impersonate a police officer... riight..

carltoncrazy
28-08-02, 12:52 AM
all of em r n e 1 can tell u dat.

JOEFISH
28-08-02, 10:02 AM
Personally mate I find Neon Washers,, those things people stick to their wiper arms, Knight Rider Lights the Most Tacky, Ugly, and Tastless car accesories ever purchased by people. :twisted:

cassanova
28-08-02, 11:39 AM
This is a dodgy one, ive got blue washer neons and all i usually get from police is a grin or similar but unfortunately i managed to find the only one in cardiff that doesnt like them (who im 99% sure is new on the job - cos he didnt know how to use his radio) and this morning, in the post, ive got a summons for having blue neons "sky blue" the summons says, knobs, not displaying my numberplate (which was in my windscreen) and having "blue" sidelight bulbs.
Have i got a leg to stand on???
And does any1 know if any of these are endorsable offences?
Ford

Anonymous
28-08-02, 11:41 AM
If they arent illegal then they bloody should be, its cehap tacky shite like this that gives nova owners the awful reputation that tehy have!

chip

carltoncrazy
28-08-02, 11:45 AM
hey m8 ya fucked basical,
easyest way is admit to everything and suck up to em,not bi n ard i no but it gets u out of it
probley jus get a fine

Mr Dan
28-08-02, 12:31 PM
Yeah, they do look kinda cheap. There's nothing worse than seeing a barely modified hatch with a stick on tailpipe cover, dodgy sunstrip and neon washers driven by a spotty teenager! Though saying that they do look good for show on some quality cars. They're definately not worth getting fined for though.

8)

cassanova
28-08-02, 01:11 PM
i think mine falls into the other category. Im not a spotty teenager, i think my car is a little smarter than a 1.0 with go faster stripes and motorsport sunstrip. P

Anonymous
28-08-02, 02:08 PM
oh silly me, of course, they look REALLY classy on a skyline.

LMFAO!

TACKY SHITE, on ANY car.

Chip

Mr Dan
28-08-02, 02:14 PM
No offence meant to you cassanova, i'm sure you know what I mean though - usually on 1.1 fiestas! I can see this argument getting heated. :lol:

Anonymous
28-08-02, 02:19 PM
Hey there Dan, i go to hemel every tuesday for the meet up with a few lads from cruisesouth etc.
Are you out on tuesdays? if so we'll hve to meet up, alays good to meem more nova peeps!

Chip

mikeoxford
28-08-02, 05:25 PM
on a similar note.

i think WHITE ones will be legal to be fair.

as long as white lights point forward and red back..... y not?

think of lorries which have side markers, round little white and red lights facing respective ways.

also how do lorries get away with having hundreds and thousands of different coloured lights, chirstmas trees and scania badges and naked laydee silouttes in leds?!?!?! they never get pulled.

so my argument is yes, white ones facing forward would be legal i think. but if you think about it, there argument is they could dazzel i spose........?

cassanova
28-08-02, 05:56 PM
i reckon they should be legal, afterall, what harm are they doing, you could say that they could dazzle some1 but theyre less dangerous than knobs that drive around with their front fogz on arent they. Looks like im heading for shit either way :roll:
BTW No offence taken SuperDan :lol:

Ford

Mr Dan
28-08-02, 07:23 PM
Chip, I'll pm you when my car is in a suitable state to be worth showing people - get my alloys, lower, spoiler etc... You could probably teach me a few things about novas.

Yeah I agree it is stupid making washer neons illegal, I'd never thought about it before this post was written assumed people got away with it.

8)

mikeoxford
28-08-02, 11:13 PM
people who drive around with lights on like that (e.g front fog lights) or BRIGHT AS F*CK "driving lights" get fined ?30 on the spot

Nova1.6
29-08-02, 12:36 PM
white ones r legal

mikeoxford
29-08-02, 01:47 PM
hi neil

how do you "know" for definate?? white ones r legit

pugpower
29-08-02, 03:39 PM
I disagree, They might look tacky to some... especially on a tacky car, but novas will always have a reputation, which is what makes us nova owners different, but anyhows... only one person has actually answered my question clearly or without being a downgrading dipstick.
Whatever you want to argue, i can see them as a cheap mod, but an effective one if brought into conjunction with the cars bodywork?!

cassanova
29-08-02, 10:51 PM
yeah, to answer the question, id say that white ones are legal, the only problem with them according to the police is that legally you can only show white/yellow lites on front and red on rear, im guna be taking off my blue ones soon, still want some but i'll go for white ones, much less stress and i reckon theyll look beta with my sidelites.
Ford

carltoncrazy
29-08-02, 11:04 PM
you guys will now no y i got a rep.
when i drove the range rover ihave 6 hal lamps onit and 2 on a bull bar 4 on roof,
remeber it had quite a big lift kit onit and decent wheels n tyres,
so it look the part,
any how one day on a main road some twat cut me up after ova taking(i was doing 60ish,so i flashed the barsted.6 hel lamps +2 headlamps.VERY BRIGHT.
any how the black vaux vectra coming the other way wasnt impressed.
it was a unmark cop car,
soon as i saw it i thought fcku,as u do,pulled me and gave me a fucking good going over,pickin up on everything on the car,
any how i didnt get fined,and i swaer i blinded 3 ppl including the copper.serious his eyes were well small.lol

JOEFISH
02-09-02, 05:31 PM
Whatever you want to argue, i can see them as a cheap mod, but an effective one if brought into conjunction with the cars bodywork?!

:twisted: I wouldn't put neonwasher jets on my car if a guy offered to Buy, fit and give me a million Euro. They areMINGING (Well maybe a Million I'd think about it)

mikeoxford
02-09-02, 10:56 PM
so whose gona be first to try the white washer things on with the coppers?

i mite go in and ask them straight out at our station. coppers must be good for something.

Hearn
03-09-02, 12:18 PM
I seen a bright yellow Cupra sport with the white ones on - looked ok, cos the whole car was modded......... But I hate seeing a bog standard Saxo 1.1i (bought on HP with yrs free insurance - little fcukin twat) with a Max sunstrip with these tacky fcukin lights. Does my head in :x

Ben (lurk75)
03-09-02, 01:14 PM
IMO they are bloody stupid, the only car i have seent hat they vaguely suited was the yellow millenium ford puma at last years weston wheels and he had all his car kitted out with blue neons. but they still looked the daftest bit of the car!

carltoncrazy
03-09-02, 02:50 PM
i aint going to
soon as i go to the old bill they seem to find other things to fcuk me for