PDA

View Full Version : help?? xe running problems

Nobby
18-04-08, 07:40 PM
Need some help chaps, right took my mate out yesterday dinner at work in my xe down some b roads and to be honest i wasnt holding back howver no problems as at all drove home from work a few hours later and then to football about 3 mile and on the way home it started cutting out when ever it went onto idle? then if i rev it just around 2k i think it just sort of dies on me? i can sit with my foot flat out and it wil rev upto aroun 2.5k and just go up and down like its dieing and picking up again, it jerks like a barsteward and even knocks me out of gear im told to change the air flow meter so going to do that tommorow just wonderd if anyone else has had this same problem?? cheers:(

General Baxter
18-04-08, 07:41 PM
does it start, or a bitch to turn over?

mine was like that turned out to be the crank sensor

Nobby
18-04-08, 07:48 PM
no mate fires up basically 1st everytime :S

joff-turbo-nova
18-04-08, 08:02 PM
Have you got the engine management light wired in to see if its throwing up any faults???

If not you may want to wire one in and do the "paperclip test"

Joff

Nobby
18-04-08, 09:25 PM
Have you got the engine management light wired in to see if its throwing up any faults???

If not you may want to wire one in and do the "paperclip test"

Joff

hi mate no i havent i dont think as it was a cab and i didnt do the conversion so . . what colour is the wire for the eml??

joff-turbo-nova
19-04-08, 06:27 AM
hi mate no i havent i dont think as it was a cab and i didnt do the conversion so . . what colour is the wire for the eml??

Brown with a blue trace - depending on what age your dash is there maybe a slot already there.

Joff