PDA

View Full Version : Damn expensive Vauxhall parts dealers

Mr Dan
27-08-02, 07:48 PM
I know people have probably ranted about this before but I can't believe the prices at the official Vauxhall parts dealers. Went in today to get some of the guides for headrests and it came to just under ?20 for a few bits of blueish-grey plastic! I want to do a beesting aerial conversion too and the bits for that were well over ?50. Came home with nothing as I only had ?15 on me.

:cry:

stugsi
27-08-02, 08:21 PM
tell me about it i phoned 4 vauxhall dealers to try and get a water hose (mind you its 1 you wouldn't think would split ) 1 dealer said he didn't know which hose it was after i told him and to bring it down, which was difficult cause i was at work the other dealers knew which 1 it was but had none in stock. So i had to leave work to go down the dealers just so he would order me 1 the TW*T :evil: and it cost me ?30 QUID :o don't get the hose till tomorrow so i can't drive my beast around :( won't be long till im back on the road

carltoncrazy
27-08-02, 08:36 PM
there no people pay it so they charge it.

Mr Dan
27-08-02, 09:01 PM
That's the trouble, it's those bits which you have no choice but to get from Vauxhall. The cheeky bastads. :roll:

ade
27-08-02, 09:16 PM
yeah headrest guides are ?5 each inc vat - u need 2 of them so the price soon rises.

The best one is when you need them small clips that hold wings to the body, or them push clips that keep the trim in place - you have to get them in bags of 100!

I only wanted 10 or so...

:x

Mr Dan
27-08-02, 09:36 PM
Yeah, the geezer who served me said that the headrest guides ranged in price between ?3 and ?8 each for different models, colours etc. Crazy money! I think i'll go back to the scrappy with me toolbox and try and have the guides I left in the seats.

rob.slader
27-08-02, 09:58 PM
I agree with you that Vauxhall parts are expensive. The only way to get them cheaper is at trade price and not everyone is lucky enough to be able to do that, luckily I can get trade price. You may or may not know how much the difference between the two is, but it's quite a lot, I will give an example of how much they spank the prices up to the general puplic. When I re-built the top end of my 1400sr, I got quotes from a local motor factors and Vauxhall at trade and retail price. The difference between Vauxhall trade and the motor factors was minimal and not worth the difference for not using genuine GM parts. My kit cost me approx ?80 at trade, included a full cylinder head gasket set, 10x head bolts, 4x spark plugs, 5l oil, oil filter, rotor arm, dizzy cap etc. At retail price this would have cost approx ?115, ?35 more expensive, is that a lot or what!? Anyway, the best way is to find someone you know in the trade, give them a list of what you want and they should be able to get the parts at trade price. As you can see you should save yourselves quite a bit.

Ste_Nova
27-08-02, 10:43 PM
i got change from a ?5 when buying my 4 headrest guides

dangermousegsi
28-08-02, 01:56 PM
the only down side to a vaux is the prices they charge for bits they stung me ?16 plus vat for one wheel trim for one of my sr's an when i enquired bout the gte/gsi alloys they wanted ?520+vat!!! fuck me i could have had a set of irmsher rims for less than that(they were on sale)

Chris LR
06-09-02, 04:06 PM
I got a pair of door pins for 86p!

and for a laugh i asked how much for a wing ( i'd just brought a new one for ?23.50 from a scrappy) the guy said ?126.45, fcuk me!:!:

carltoncrazy
06-09-02, 11:36 PM
sadly there smialir to insurance.
they no that companys will have to buy the proper parts,
to avoid break warrenty etc.
end of the day if you could charge silly prices and get it,
why the heck not,
people with brains go to breakers