PDA

View Full Version : Weird Camber Problem!

DTR-DEVIL
17-04-08, 04:50 PM
I Have recently bought a new set of 15's running exactly the same tyres as my old wheels. (swap over). and ive got a set of Spax RSX's all round. I had to use 3mm spacers to clear the springs on both sides but the right hand wheel camber is stupidly out. So ive had to resort to setting the coilovers to there max height to stop tyre rubbing on the spring.

The Otherside is Pefectly fine and when dropped 90mm clears both spring and spring locking ring. Upon closer look (Looking from the front of the car) the right wheel seem to be pointing into the arch! (top of wheel) by about 5-6 degree's. Im thinking that there must be something wrong if the otherside sits fine! The camber was a little out with my old wheels on but its got worse since fitting these new wheels.

I Had it tracked up, Paided £27, drove it down the road and still pulls hard to the left :(

Would then a set of camber adjustable bolts solve this problem.

appreciate all the help please

Josh :thumb:

General Baxter
17-04-08, 05:06 PM
firs of all swap the wheels over, see if the wheels bent :)

DTR-DEVIL
17-04-08, 05:10 PM
firs of all swap the wheels over, see if the wheels bent :)

Nope Wheels are immaculate. I props forgot to mention it was doing the same thing on my old wheelss, just not as bad!

General Baxter
17-04-08, 05:13 PM
erm!

pattern wings?
spigot rings?
hubs bolloxed?

edit : i could make a poem out of that lol

Lee
17-04-08, 05:22 PM
Sounds like the struts are bolted to the hub carrier wrong, causing a load of extra camber.

Undo the two bolts slightly and see if you can pull the strut towards you. Then do them up again.

General Baxter
17-04-08, 05:23 PM
worn bushes?

DTR-DEVIL
17-04-08, 05:26 PM
Sounds like the struts are bolted to the hub carrier wrong, causing a load of extra camber.

Undo the two bolts slightly and see if you can pull the strut towards you. Then do them up again.

are they the two bolts that under the engine bay? got a strut brace fitted aswell.