PDA

View Full Version : Newbiee

simon1
17-04-08, 11:59 AM
Hiya everyone my name is simon and im new to the world of novas i have just bought a 1991 1.2 merit for £600
its already got some nice mods done to it however i want to make it my own.
Il put up some pics soon :)

Iv already got one question - when looking for parts there appears to be 2 models of nova (MK1 and MK2), how do i tell which one i have? and are there any parts that are interchangable between mk's?

(that Question should be put in the FAQ section when awnsered)

Thanks and i look forward to my time at PNG

FUSION X16XE
17-04-08, 12:09 PM
hiiii welcome to png simon you have a mk2 mate the easiest way to tell is by looking at the headlights mk1s are huge and mk2s are a little smaller. whats the shell like? how rusty? id concentraite on geting it solid before tuning it.

Lee
17-04-08, 12:10 PM
Hiya mate. MK1 to MK2 changeover was G to H plate so you will have a MK2.

So you wont need to swap stuff as you already have all the best kit :)

(opens can of worms and sits back to laugh)

Welcome along :)

FUSION X16XE
17-04-08, 12:13 PM
agreed ^^^

Lee
17-04-08, 12:17 PM
lmao, just realised your LOCAL!

Where abouts do you live pal? Im in Thatcham, near the Four Seasons chinkey :)

simon1
17-04-08, 12:20 PM
ah excellent thanks for the welcomes and advise. The shell is already solid only has 1 small patch of rust on nearside rear arch and two rust holes on the front panel just before it meets the wings (il be repairing that first)

mods its already got is gte skirts, gsi spoiler, respray in blue (complete custom colour) and lowered 60mm with a nice set of alloys, also has alarm and imobilizer fitted.

simon1
17-04-08, 12:21 PM
im in thacham too right next to the bowling alley. :)

blue_peg_16v
17-04-08, 12:22 PM
welcome aboard

Lee
17-04-08, 12:24 PM
im in thacham too right next to the bowling alley. :)

Lower way :)

Ill keep an eye out for you. Im driving the girlfriends about at the mo. Blue MK1 with white 5 spoke MO's :)

craig green
17-04-08, 12:30 PM
Welcome.

Being a 1991 Nova, yours will be a mk2. This is identified by the raked headlamp angles of the front end & the slim design headlamps & indicators with the body coloured strip along the grille & wing corners.

The mk2 had a better dash board in terms of refinement & build quality. The design is debatable amongst members.

The car is essentially the same, the changes to the mk2 were puerly cosmetic as opposed to mechanical, merely to modernise the shape for the 1990's.

[edit] blimey! No replies when I started to write that.

FUSION X16XE
17-04-08, 12:30 PM
ah excellent thanks for the welcomes and advise. The shell is already solid only has 1 small patch of rust on nearside rear arch and two rust holes on the front panel just before it meets the wings (il be repairing that first)

mods its already got is gte skirts, gsi spoiler, respray in blue (complete custom colour) and lowered 60mm with a nice set of alloys, also has alarm and imobilizer fitted.

Sounds good, get those 15 posts and make a photobucket or similar and get some pics of your car up.

This might help:thumb: (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=459009&postcount=3)

simon1
17-04-08, 12:51 PM
getting there i will post up the pic as soon as i can :)

simon1
17-04-08, 01:35 PM
ok heres a pic of it, tell me what you think (sorry about qualty done off friends phone)
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/simon76-Mynova.jpg

FUSION X16XE
17-04-08, 01:40 PM
thats quite nice mate, good buy, whats your plans for her?

AlexW
17-04-08, 02:01 PM
Looks nice, Welcome to the wide world of PNG.

simon1
17-04-08, 02:46 PM
not alot yet just small bits to tidy her up, i want to get a backbox on her but thats it for now

simon1
22-05-08, 05:11 PM
ok done a few mods and got some photos

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/simon76-nova2.jpg
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/simon76-nova1.jpg

its a 1.2 merit thats been resprayed a custom blue (I mixed the colour with the last owner) its lowered 60 all round and is on fox evo 6's in platinum (alloys i had on my old clios). iv go a 3.5" backbox and a k&n has GSi spoiler and side skirts and meshed grill, debadged rear. (also got lots of little things like clear lights all round (photos taken before i fitted rears) and sill protectors, interior painting etc but you will have to see it to find them all lol).
soon to be fitting a snap off kit and volanti wheel and a digi dash.

stuartyj21
22-05-08, 05:22 PM
welcome to the png simon...