PDA

View Full Version : Cav turbo clocks wiring help!

Mboasty
16-04-08, 11:31 PM
Hi trying to wire up cav turbo clocks into my nova gsi 91 ive got most wired up with thanks to another thred on here but some of the colour of the wires in the guide were diffrent to mine (sods law)

im left with:-

Cav plug

pin colour

6 black
11 brown/white
12 blue/brown
13 green/black/white
14 black
3 blue/red

Nova plug

pin colour

5 black/green/white
4 black
1 black
13/11 brown/white

Cant find a wiring diagram for a cav turbo, & besides trying to read the wiring diagrams is a head f**k

if anyone has done this already it might help me stop going mad!

DAN-F
16-04-08, 11:44 PM
If you give up or cant get them in, would you be interested in a swap for a set of digi clocks and transducer?

Mboasty
17-04-08, 12:01 AM
If you give up or cant get them in, would you be interested in a swap for a set of digi clocks and transducer?

theyve gotta go in now ive hacked out half the dash:) thanks for the offer tho.

craig green
17-04-08, 12:37 PM
Are they mechanical or electronic driven?

Theres 2 types.

Stuart
17-04-08, 12:51 PM
reading haynes wiring diagrams is a piece of piss...

Jack
17-04-08, 01:44 PM
I've got a Haynes for a cavalier and it covers the dials fairly well.

Aren't the turbo clocks 160mph? I thought you needed 140mph ones, or does it not matter...

Mboasty
18-04-08, 01:15 AM
Are they mechanical or electronic driven?

Theres 2 types.

there mechanical ones

Mboasty
18-04-08, 01:21 AM
I've got a Haynes for a cavalier and it covers the dials fairly well.

Aren't the turbo clocks 160mph? I thought you needed 140mph ones, or does it not matter...

yep dident quit do enough reseach on this one, got all excited about having 160mph dials, have later found out they wont read properly off an f20.:roll:
ive got a cavalier haynes manual but the wires in that are diffrent colour to the ones on my plug.

Mboasty
21-04-08, 07:53 PM
Ok, ive identfied all the wire on the plug now, just need to find out where the L&R indcator wires are on the cav dials, im asuming that there on the other plug of which the colours are

green/white yellow/brown purple/brown black brown

any ideas on these

also ive identfied that blue red on cav clocks is the spedo wire, does this need to be conected for them to work, as there is no corrosponding wire on the nova plug to conect to

any help appricated thanks

Mboasty
22-04-08, 10:28 PM
anyone?