PDA

View Full Version : f28 mounting to a c20xe

BIGS
16-04-08, 08:06 PM
Right today i tryied to mount the f28 gearbox to the c20xe and i couldnt get it to fit. the casing mounted to the engine but when i put the gearbox back complete the spline bit the goes into the engine would not go in:confused:. The engine still has the standard flywheel and clutch on would this make any diffrence or not.

R1CH
16-04-08, 08:59 PM
The splines on the friction plate (clutch) are different, your gonna need one from a Cav / Calibra Turbo, what flywheel you running POT type or FLAT type ? it'll be easier if your using a POT type flywheel.
Other than that it'll bolt straight on.
Why you wanting to fit one onto an XE anyway ?

BIGS
16-04-08, 09:35 PM
Cheers for that. Im using the flat type flywheel and i want to fit it to mount up the mount to the car because its for my project

R1CH
16-04-08, 09:40 PM
If its just to mount it in the bay to be able to weld the mount on, then just remove the clutch.
F28's were only ever fitted with POT type flywheels, it is possible to run one with a FLAT flywheel but your gonna hve to mix 'n' match pressure and friction plates to get the clutch to fit. Loads easier to fit it with a POT flywheel.

BIGS
16-04-08, 09:45 PM
yea my mate said that. but my mate has all the bits i need to make it work. im going to use the flat one because it weighs that bit less. Ah so ill best off just taking it all off then just to weld it on. ill do that tomorrow thanks for the help