PDA

View Full Version : Roof lining

Nova-Flair
27-08-02, 03:18 PM
i have a huge rip in my roof lining and was wondering if n e one had any alternative ideas other than replacing the roof lining cos i have heard this is a bitch to do.

apples
27-08-02, 07:06 PM
other than replace it i dont know what you can do with a rip, try a vehicle trimmers to see what magic they can do. if you cant find any i know where there is a good one in byker, we use them alot for seats and they are spot on with thier repairs.

ade
27-08-02, 11:02 PM
wheres the rip? If

The lining is easy to replace - the bummer is its tucked in behind yer rear quarter windows and windscreen. To be honest, the rear quarters are pretty easy to remove/put back in. Its also tucked in behind each pillar (just pull covers off), behind door rubbers and hatch rubber (just pull off).

As for the winsdscreen, Id get a windscreen bloke to do that - prob cost ya ?40 tops (?30 call out) - I had a windscreen fitted, hatch and 2 side panels for ?70 including new rubber surrounds on the windscreen (just fitting - had the glass already).

Depending on where rip is and type of material you have, you could use tape from the inside. If its near an edge, you'll be ok. If not then you'll need to get it down. If you have a sun roof, this will also have to come off.

Its not a big problem, just a little fiddley - you need to remove all yer roof trim like grab handles, rear view mirror, sun blinds etc.

You can strip it in about 1 hour tops - putting it back is easy - just needs a little more time (2 hours - 4 if you have a sun roof!)

I have full pics when I took mine out if you want to give it a shot including how to remove yer windows (get windscreen done properly incase you smash it)

Dont leave the rip - some donkey will only pick at it.

Ade
:wink: