PDA

View Full Version : 710

Welsh Dan
16-04-08, 02:51 PM
A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other and another customer asked, 'What is a seven-hundred-ten?'

She replied, 'You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one..'

She replied that she did not know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there.

The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.

She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked 'is there a 710 on this car?'

She pointed and said, 'Of course, its right there.'

If you're not sure what a 710 is Click Here : http://www.hotautoweb.com/cogifs/710.jpg

Asa-James
16-04-08, 02:53 PM
that is easily one of the stupidest things i've ever heard, didnt stop me laughing like a fool though!

Jack
16-04-08, 02:56 PM
Old as the hills, but still amusing :p

NovaLad
16-04-08, 03:02 PM
Lol made me laugh (ish)

Philsutton
16-04-08, 06:17 PM
another classic is some tool trying to save themselves a few quid by servicing the car themselves and fills the engine up with oil, literally to the top so that the oil level is at the rocker cover. To which on start it smokes like **** and they make their way to the garage to see why their car is now smoking seriously badly and every seal on it has turned itself inside out.

mowgli
16-04-08, 11:35 PM
I was at a bbq in my dad's garden a couple of years ago when a mk2 astra chugged to a halt out side. it sounded like a traction engine, it was putting out a smoke screen & running on no more than 2 cylinders, the driver got out & fetched a can from the boot. 'Whats up with it?' we asked, knowing fully well it had way too much oil..... 'The oil light keeps coming on'..... My dad then tried to explain what the oil light was for, but they knew better & carried on very slowly...........

mowgli
16-04-08, 11:40 PM
A friend of mine once stopped to help a bloke who had got a puncture right outside her house. he told her that recovery was on its way, & there was nothing she could do to help because the spare was too big & simply wouldn't fit.... So she thought 'sod you then' & went in home.
The reason the spare wouldn't fit was because he had jacked it up only enough to get the flat tyre off & it just needed to be raised 3 more inches. he waited 4 hrs for recovery & they just jacked it up.......

simon1
17-04-08, 12:42 PM
lmao, good jokes

Lee
17-04-08, 01:00 PM
True story. I walked into Halfords a few years back and saw a woman in the carpark topping up her oil. Didnt think anything of it, until I came back out about half hour later to discover she was still doing it. I deliberately walked past her car on the way back to mine, and she was attempting to dribble the oil down the dipstick tube.

Bless her cotton socks.

Philsutton
17-04-08, 01:34 PM
^^ lmfao thats another classic, so many people do that

mowgli
17-04-08, 02:45 PM
lmao, good jokes

apart from the start, the rest of them are true.

another friend was working on a combine harvester & the oil gauge was not working. so the farmer took the sender out of the pump housing & fired it up to 'see if any oil was getting round it' & covered my mate in boiling hot engine oil.....